Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 07-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #31
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
A little over an hour left to vote.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #32
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I too am finding it very difficult to decide what to vote on! I really like all three.

I like that with the Lucian, we'd be reading something so old, and something like a very early example of science fiction, and it's very short but seems like it would give us a good amount to talk about. I'm also not sure but I don't think I've read anything from Syria or its region before, though I have read Turkish authors.

With The Garden of Evening Mists, I really like that I'd be reading something from Malaysia which I've never read an author of, and I really liked the sample. As for the Maugham, I really loved Of Human Bondage and would love to read another Maugham. I also like island-set novels and so part of the book being in Tahiti sounds very interesting, and even more so knowing the book is based on Gauguin.

They all three sound like excellent options! But I only have two votes and time to decide is running out, so here's my votes:

-1 to The Moon and Sixpence
-1 to A True Story
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 PM   #33
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Run-off voting is complete and our winner is A True Story. We're off to ancient Assyria and the moon!

I'll have the discussion thread up soon.