Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Question Discovering Bookeen

Hello,

I'm discovering my new Muse HD but I'm a bit surprised and I have 3*questions:

1. The manual talks about an "internet" feature that I can't find anywhere.
2. I haven't found how to update the firmware or at least check that you are on the last version.
3. I'm looking for a way to upload my own epubs to the device without having to plug it. (so through the Wifi).

Maybe some of you could answer me.
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:48 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Hello,

I'm discovering my new Muse HD but I'm a bit surprised and I have 3*questions:

1. The manual talks about an "internet" feature that I can't find anywhere.
2. I haven't found how to update the firmware or at least check that you are on the last version.
3. I'm looking for a way to upload my own epubs to the device without having to plug it. (so through the Wifi).

Maybe some of you could answer me.
Start the shop or brower, the cybook will ask for wi-fi. And once conected, check for updates and all.

I don't think you can put your books though wi-fi. All you have acces to is the brower. You'll have to use usb for that.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:33 AM   #3
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
1. Internet feature is available if you start "browse" or try to visit your store, just like EowynCarter said.
2. When you activate wifi, the device automatically checks for updates. There is no more "Check for updates" in the menus, at least on my Muse HD.
3. You can download non-DRMed books via Wifi, at least from your bookstore. I haven't yet tried e.g. project Gutenberg.

Even when you manage to download yuor books via wifi, they end up on the device's storage page and you cannot control where they land. This might differ depending on which kind of firmware you have on your Muse, My "Elisa Kirja" tied behaves this way.

So in the end you end up connecting the device to a computer via USB and fire up Calibre.

Last edited by Lupin; 08-10-2017 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Additional note.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:31 AM   #4
AnimalOfArt
Groupie
AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnimalOfArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: changing frequently
Point 3) The Muse HD has a microSD slot. So basically you could use a microSD to store your books on and put that into the Muse.
AnimalOfArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
There actually is a "Check for updates" function. You just need to have wifi and browser activated.

1. Go to start menu
2. Activate "Browse" on down right
3. After browser has finished loading, press the middle button and choose "Menu"
4. from the contect menu, choose "Check for updates" (might be "Search for updates" as well as my Muse is in Finnish, so I have translated the choices into English. I hope you get the picture).
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote