Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
renareto
renareto began at the beginning.

Device: none
.odt 2 .epub

I'm sorry, maybe I've wrong post. Ire-post it

Hi,
I would like to convert .odt (or .rtf, .doc...) to .epub.
But, in my calibre, in the convert section, I just have: input format EPUB; output format many others. Why do I don' t have all the supported format that I've read on the user guide? Do I have to install the plugin to convert this kind of file? If yes, which is the name of plugin? and where do I can find it?

TIA

Renato
renareto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by renareto View Post
I would like to convert .odt (or .rtf, .doc...) to .epub.
But, in my calibre, in the convert section, I just have: input format EPUB; output format many others. Why do I don' t have all the supported format that I've read on the user guide?
The convert screen should list all the formats you have for the book you want to convert. If the only format you have is epub, that's all that appears. If the only format you have is pdf, that's the only format that appears, etc. What formats do you have for the ebook you are trying to convert?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
The easiest way to get an odt (or rtf or whatever) file into Calibre is just to drag-n-drop it onto the main Calibre window (assuming this is a book you have not already set up in Calibre).

If you have already got the book created with covers and such then I would go into "edit meta information" and drag-n-drop the odt (or rtf or whatever) file into the "available formats" box, then click OK.

When you click on "convert books" the "Input format" menu in the top left corner should then list all the formats you have available (from the "available formats" box).
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
renareto
renareto began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes!!! it works!

wonderful! :-)

TIA

Renato
renareto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by renareto View Post
Yes!!! it works!

wonderful! :-)

TIA

Renato
Yay, hero time!
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert