Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
Brandon Sanderson - no longer avaiable...

Hello:

I was looking for 'The Way of Kings' and have just found out that Brandon Sandersons books are no longer for sale on Fictionwise, I can't find them on Amazon either.

Is there ant official news of this? Does anyone know where I can buy his books online?
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
B&N have all of his books. I bought WoK from there. Great book.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I'm finding them at the US Kindle store, so maybe it's a geographic restriction issue?

The Way of Kings
Warbreaker

Or search for Brandon Sanderson and click the Kindle link at the top of the page.

Last edited by whitearrow; 11-02-2010 at 01:34 PM.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Yepp. Geo-restrictions. At least you can get the UK edition
I am pushed towards the darknet. I want to buy it, but I can't.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Kobobooks.com seems to have all of his books. You could try contacting him directly, he is VERY GOOD about replying to his fans. http://www.brandonsanderson.com/contact/

Sarah
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 PM   #6
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Way Of Kings is actually what made me buy an e-reader, after I learned that this thing had over 1000 pages. Only afterwards it turns out that I can not actually obtain it legally because it's not being sold for users in Germany.

I have his Mistborn series in good old paper, and his new book not at all I'm afraid; but on the other hand I got my hands on some great books from Smashwords which I wouldn't ever have touched otherwise

So in the end the ones who sell their books without restrictions, are the winners, at least that's where my money goes now.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
Thjan
book addict
Thjan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
Yepp. Geo-restrictions. At least you can get the UK edition
I am pushed towards the darknet. I want to buy it, but I can't.
If you'd really like to buy it you would simply use a proxy and a fake us address I guess.
Thjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #8
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thjan View Post
If you'd really like to buy it you would simply use a proxy and a fake us address I guess.
Most people wouldn't know how to do this - It really should not be this difficult to give money to someone, because you want to have their products.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
Icarusbop
Groupie

I sent the following message to Brandon on his website.....

Hello:

I live in the UK and have just discovered that I cannot buy The Way of Kings in electronic edition.
I have also noticed that ebooks previously available on 'Fictionwise' in the UK are no longer available.
I understand this is due to GeoRestrictions, please can you advise if Brandons books will be available is electronic form in the UK, and if so when?
As a point of interest, what are the positive reasons for applying GeoRestrictions on sales of electronic books? From a readers point of view it seems to be counter productive and restricts an authors fan base.
Thank you.

Ian Nicholson
Old 11-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #10
HelenaJole
Connoisseur
HelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enoughHelenaJole will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
My brother is Brandon Sanderson's assistant! (I just wanted to add that.)
HelenaJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #11
atidball
Enthusiast
atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I suggest you complain to Sanderson's UK publisher (Gollancz). It is doubtful the author can do anything about it.

A quick search reveals that The Way of Kings isn't even out yet in paper form in the UK. The release date is December 30 and it comes with vastly inferior cover art.
atidball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
SlasherMcGurk
SlasherMcGurk began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-650
I purchased the Final Empire from WH Smith in March - but they all recently disappeared from the shops again.

I emailed them, the response was:
"we have been having technical issues with these title. The nature of the source files was leading to serious quality issues with the final products, so we have removed them from sale in order to repair them."
SlasherMcGurk is offline   Reply With Quote