Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 06:22 PM   #91
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am thrilled that Arthur C Clark is available. There was a time none were in eBook format.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:11 AM   #92
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I am thrilled that Arthur C Clark is available. There was a time none were in eBook format.
Interesting that this thread got revived. I was just thinking about what books I'm still looking for.

As of Jan 8th, 2019, the biggest gap that I'm waiting on in the majority of the Zelazny backlist. The 5th Amber book was released November, 2017, nothing since.

The rest of my list are probably orphaned works (Zelazny's stuff is definitely not orphaned. I suspect that the rest will have to wait until his kids get control). I have a group of mid-tier authors whose books I liked and whose passed away. James H Cobb is likely to best known of these. None of his Amanda Garrnet (sp?) books are available.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #93
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
As of 2019:
The Elenium and Tamuli series by Eddings.
Louise Cooper's Time's Master and Chaos Gate series
Crawford Killian's Lifter and Brother Jonathan
McKillip's Fools Run.

There were more, but I've been waiting so long I've sort of lost interest.
Some when they eventually showed up I wasn't still interested enough to buy.
These are the only ones I probably will buy if they ever appear.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 AM   #94
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
As of 2019:
McKillip's Fools Run.

The Elenium and Tamuli were available at one time.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:52 PM   #95
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
As of 2019:
McKillip's Fools Run.

Is the Patricia McKillip's Fool's Run a geographic restriction problem? I picked it up from Kobo Australia not long ago (cheap!).

It's weird the way most of the David Eddings' books have all just disappeared now. Did they object to the sales? Very strange.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2019, 12:58 AM   #96
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
The Elenium and Tamuli were available at one time.
David Eddings' Elenium and Tamuli trilogies are still available as ebooks outside US/Canada, published by HarperCollins UK.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:24 AM   #97
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
David Eddings' Elenium and Tamuli trilogies are still available as ebooks outside US/Canada, published by HarperCollins UK.
I searched Kobo before my last post and Elenium and Tamuli were not visible ... I searched again just now and they show up again (not that I care about these). Either I made a typo before or it was some temporary glitch at Kobo. Sadly Belgariad and Malloreon have not likewise magically reappeared.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:33 AM   #98
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for the pointer.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:33 AM   #99
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Claude Simon (Nobel Laureate in Literature - 1985)

I have all of these in Hardback (USA First Editions), but I would like to have them available as ebooks.

1) The Palace
2) Histoire
3) The Wind
4) The Flanders Road
5) The Grass
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #100
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
I'm glad his books are available and go on sale fairly often. I have an ereaderiq notification set and whenever one of his books hits $1.99, I snatch it even though I have most of his books in paper already.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #101
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I managed to tick Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs off my list of wanted titles last year, but there's still one which is annoying the hell out of me due to eBook unavailability in the UK - The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King.

I think I'm right in saying that it's the only one of his novels that's unavailable, assuming you ignore Rage which he had removed from The Bachman Books.
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #102
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

One set of books that I would love to see is Munn's Merlin's Godson series. It's 3 books in all (King of the World's Edge(1939/1966), The Ship from Atlantis (1967) and Merlin's Ring (1974), although the first two books were collected in an omnibus volume, Merlin's Godson in 1976 following the success of Merlin's Ring. A follow up novel was started but never finished.

I've got Merlin's Ring and Merlin's Godson in paper, though it's been a long while since I read it. To a great extent, I suspect this is the classic orphaned work. Munn died in 1981 and if he was married or had kids, I haven't seen any reference to it. I do have to wonder a bit about German copyright laws. I see a lot of books that are available in German but no where else.