Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-21-2018, 05:49 AM   #1
j.appleseed
j.appleseed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8
Adding New Language

When I edit the metadata of a book, I can't add new language. For example, I want to add 'Karen' in Languages area. But if I add like that, Calibre shows Unrecognized Metadata error. How can I add new langauge for that field.
j.appleseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ISO code for Karen is kar ==>> https://datahub.io/core/language-cod...age-codes-full

I think that's what it wants

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2018, 06:58 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the only languages recognized by that field come from the ISO 639 standard. If your language is not in that standard you will need to create a customlanguage column to store it.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote