Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 07:35 PM   #16
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
No, I haven't. I'm not familiar with Python.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:48 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
No, I haven't. I'm not familiar with Python.
You don't need to be familiar with python, it just needs to be installed.

If you run debian linux, asciidoc is just a

sudo apt-get install asciidoc

away. Any missing dependencies will also be installed. It's probably
something similar for other distributions.

I don't know squat about ruby, but I use asciidoctor regularly.

asciidoc, a2x, and asciidoctor all have nice command line interfaces. I only
mentioned the languages they are written in in case it was of interest.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2020, 12:02 AM   #18
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I've installed both asciidoc and asciidoctor using Homebrew, but neither one seems to run.

P.S. Okay, they seem to be ways to render existing files, instead of ways to write and cross-reference them.

Last edited by MarjaE; 04-01-2020 at 12:09 AM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
personal wiki, writing software