Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 11:33 AM   #1
mattlynn
mattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughingmattlynn can shake the floor when laughing

Device: kindle
Making Writing Worthwhile

There’s always plenty for writers to moan about. Not having our books prominently displayed in the bookshop for example. A miserable sales ranking on Amazon. And that’s before we even get started on the publishers and agents.
But every so often something comes along to make it feel worthwhile.
A couple of weeks ago I got an e-mail from a women who’s son was very unwell. He wouldn’t be having much of a birthday, she said, and his situation made it hard for him to get out and meet people. But he was a big fan of my first two books, Death Force and Shadow Force. And he would really like it if I sent him a birthday card.
In fact, I sent him a signed copy of Shadow Force.
It’s nice to know your work has got through to someone enough that they would be pleased to hear from you, even though they don’t know you. I guess that is what all writers aspire to.
I hope he has a good day. Anyone else have similar experiences.

[Promotional in-text link removed - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-07-2011 at 01:00 PM.
mattlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlynn View Post
There’s always plenty for writers to moan about. Not having our books prominently displayed in the bookshop for example. A miserable sales ranking on Amazon. And that’s before we even get started on the publishers and agents.
But every so often something comes along to make it feel worthwhile.
A couple of weeks ago I got an e-mail from a women who’s son was very unwell. He wouldn’t be having much of a birthday, she said, and his situation made it hard for him to get out and meet people. But he was a big fan of my first two books, Death Force and Shadow Force. And he would really like it if I sent him a birthday card.
In fact, I sent him a signed copy of Shadow Force.
It’s nice to know your work has got through to someone enough that they would be pleased to hear from you, even though they don’t know you. I guess that is what all writers aspire to.
I hope he has a good day. Anyone else have similar experiences.

[promotional link removed - MODERATOR]
Aw that was very kind of you. I bet his eyes just lit up when he saw the autographed copy you sent.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-07-2011 at 01:00 PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
I'm getting very cynical in my old age.

Just saying.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote