Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 06:33 AM   #31
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@Thasaidon...Thanks for spotting that problem. I've fixed that problem and tested it fairly thoroughly so hopefully you shouldn't have that problem anymore when you use the plugin.

Last edited by slowsmile; 05-27-2018 at 06:41 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:46 PM   #32
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
@Thasaidon...Thanks for spotting that problem. I've fixed that problem and tested it fairly thoroughly so hopefully you shouldn't have that problem anymore when you use the plugin.
Salamat, Thank you. As quick as ever.

One more nuisance tackled.

I will keep you posted on how things go. I still have hundreds of books to process.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:17 AM   #33
Lucsart
Lucsart began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Hi slowsmile,

just to report you this error your plugin gaves me on few epubs:

Spoiler:

>>> Check ID...ncxtoc
>>> In non-alphanum ch iter...id n
>>> In non-alphanum ch iter...id c
>>> In non-alphanum ch iter...id x
>>> In non-alphanum ch iter...id t
>>> In non-alphanum ch iter...id o
>>> In non-alphanum ch iter...id c
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\Lucsart\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\plugin.py", line 93, in run
processAllTasks(bk, WDIR)
File "C:\Users\Lucsart\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\cutils.py", line 59, in processAllTasks
checkOPFIDs(bk)
File "C:\Users\Lucsart\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\cutils.py", line 301, in checkOPFIDs
if new_aid != aid and report_only == False:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'new_aid' referenced before assignment
Error: local variable 'new_aid' referenced before assignment

In a short "Error: local variable 'new_aid' referenced before assignment"

Thank you for you help.

Last edited by Lucsart; 05-30-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Lucsart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:54 PM   #34
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: Fixed a bug and removed some unnecessary code in the checkOPFID() function (v0.2.0).

Last edited by slowsmile; 06-01-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:56 PM   #35
slowsmile
Witchman

@Lucsart...The above update(v0.2.0) should hopefully fix the problem that you reported. Thanks for reporting this problem.

Last edited by slowsmile; 06-01-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:13 AM   #36
Lucsart
Lucsart began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
@Lucsart...The above update(v0.2.0) should hopefully fix the problem that you reported. Thanks for reporting this problem.
Thank you man, it works like a charm now.
Lucsart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:02 PM   #37
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Hello, thanks for this plugin.

I am converting some epub2 files to epub3 and cleaning them up a bit.

The original epub2 files have a BookID in the form of a url. I want to replace them with a standard urn:uuid. This plugin seems like it could perfectly do that but when I tried it on a test file (open epub2 file, run plugin, no other actions), this problem is found and the log says it has been replaced, but in fact the uuid is not added to the opf and instead almost all the metadata has been removed.

Here is an example using a Project Gutenberg file.

IDErrorCheck Log:

Spoiler:
***** IDErrorCheck Log *****

toc.ncx(Book ID) ** line 6 **
Bad format: "http://www.gutenberg.org/19657"
Replaced with: "urn:uuid:4c6c0f8b-6fbe-4f91-97b9-3351409d4f5a

Original metadata in the opf:
Spoiler:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package version="2.0" unique-identifier="id" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
  <metadata>
    <dc:rights>Public domain in the USA.</dc:rights>
    <dc:identifier opf:scheme="URI" id="id">http://www.gutenberg.org/19657</dc:identifier>
    <dc:creator opf:file-as="Hugo, Victor">Victor Hugo</dc:creator>
    <dc:title>Notre-Dame de Paris</dc:title>
    <dc:language xsi:type="dcterms:RFC4646">fr</dc:language>
    <dc:subject>Historical fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>People with disabilities -- Fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>France -- History -- Louis XI, 1461-1483 -- Fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>Clergy -- Fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>Paris (France) -- History -- To 1515 -- Fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>Notre-Dame de Paris (Cathedral) -- Fiction</dc:subject>
    <dc:subject>Romances</dc:subject>
    <dc:date opf:event="publication">2006-10-29</dc:date>
    <dc:date opf:event="conversion">2020-05-10T08:25:36.400047+00:00</dc:date>
    <dc:source>https://www.gutenberg.org/files/19657/19657-h/19657-h.htm</dc:source>
    <meta name="cover" content="item1" />
    <meta name="Sigil version" content="1.2.0" />
    <dc:date xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" opf:event="modification">2020-06-08</dc:date>
  </metadata>

Opf Metadata after the plugin:

Spoiler:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package version="2.0" unique-identifier="id" xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:dcterms="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <metadata>
    <meta name="cover" content="item1" />
    <meta content="1.2.0" name="Sigil version" />
    <dc:date xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" opf:event="modification">2020-06-08</dc:date>
  </metadata>

Am I missing something? Is there different way I should do this?
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 01:46 AM   #38
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[QUOTE=slowsmile;3596476]
Checks, repairs and reports all id errors in the epub

Hi Slowsmile

I just got the error message below when I ran IDErrorCheck. The book passed ePubcheck and the well formed HTML tests.

Also sometimes IDErrorCheck seems to hang and does not finish.

It is not a big problem so I have not bothered about it before but as I am reporting this error....

When it hangs again I will capture the details and let you have them.

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, Sigil V1.1 and the latest version of IDCheck.

On a personal note - we senior citizens are still locked down in LapuLapu but many shops are now open. How are you faring?

Spoiler:

Python version: 3.7.2 (tags/v3.7.2:9a3ffc0492, Dec 23 2018, 23:09:28) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]

Running IDErrorCheck...Please wait

-- Processing automatic tasks...
-- Copy to work dir...titlepage.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...about.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...main0.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap01.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap02.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap03.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap04.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap05.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap06.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap07.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap08.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap09.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap10.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap11.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap12.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap13.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap14.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap15.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap16.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap17.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap18.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap19.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap20.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap21.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap22.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap23.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap24.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap25.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap26.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap27.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap28.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap29.xhtml
-- Copy to work dir...chap30.xhtml

>>> Cover file...titlepage.xhtml

>>> In removeCalibreCoverID()...
-- Copy NCX file to work dir...C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp9pjhn3j x\toc.ncx
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\cutils.py", line 111, in copyNCXFile2Dir
data = bk.readfile(ncx_id)
File "C:\Prog1\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\bookcontai ner.py", line 179, in readfile
return self._w.readfile(id)
File "C:\Prog1\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\wrapper.py ", line 574, in readfile
raise WrapperException('Id does not exist in manifest')
wrapper.WrapperException: Id does not exist in manifest

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Prog1\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.p y", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\plugin.py", line 93, in run
processAllTasks(bk, WDIR)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\cutils.py", line 43, in processAllTasks
copyNCXFile2Dir(bk, wdir)
File "C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\IDErrorCheck\cutils.py", line 115, in copyNCXFile2Dir
msg = "Critical Error: Cannot copy html file to the working dir.\nInvalid file id(" + ncx_id + ") not recognized."
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str
Error: can only concatenate str (not "NoneType") to str
Old 10-30-2020, 01:37 AM   #39
slowsmile
Witchman

@Thasaidon...I can see that this problem has arisen from my plugin trying to copy the epub toc.ncx file to a temp work dir because there is a problem recognizing the id of your toc.ncx file in the content.opf manifest. According to the error message, it seems that the NCX id(as 'Nonetype') doesn't exist in the content.opf manifest of your epub. I obtained the NCX id in my code using bk.basename_to_id('toc.ncx') in the normal way.

Can you please check that the toc.ncx line in your OPF manifest section has an NCX id equal to "ncx" and let me know? The NCX id in the OPF manifest section is normally always equal to "ncx".

Personal Note: Yes, things have also greatly improved in the Cebu provinces where I live. I can now travel unhindered anywhere I like, whenever I like. I've also heard that Cebu city has the covid-19 virus well under control now. In Metro Manila the virus is still fairly rampant by all accounts. So glad I'm living in the south!! Also very thankful that I'm not living in the West anymore. It's a tragic, political and clueless covid-19 mess in all western countries at the moment.

Last edited by slowsmile; 10-30-2020 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:26 AM   #40
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Thanks for that @Slowsmile.

I will do some more investigation and get back to you.

I haven't found any of your favourite coffee yet but I keep looking.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:28 AM   #41
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
@Thasaidon...I can see that this problem has arisen from my plugin trying to copy the epub toc.ncx file to a temp work dir because there is a problem recognizing the id of your toc.ncx file in the content.opf manifest. According to the error message, it seems that the NCX id(as 'Nonetype') doesn't exist in the content.opf manifest of your epub. I obtained the NCX id in my code using bk.basename_to_id('toc.ncx') in the normal way.

Can you please check that the toc.ncx line in your OPF manifest section has an NCX id equal to "ncx" and let me know? The NCX id in the OPF manifest section is normally always equal to "ncx".
As far as I can see they do

To help I have attached the OPF, and NCX concerned. I had to change the name of the NCX file to get it to upload. Its original name was fb.ncx

I am also running IDCheck on another book and it is taking forever. It stayed at
Quote:
Running IDErrorCheck...Please wait
for at least 20 minutes.

It has now reached
Quote:
-- Write NCX file to Epub...C:\Users\ryzen\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpk6ieah 6r\toc.ncx
where it has been for at leasrt as long.

This is must unusual and only started a few days ago. Normally ID check only takes a few seconds to a minute or so to run. ( from memory not timed )
Attached Files
File Type: opf fb.opf (14.1 KB, 251 views)
File Type: txt fb_ncx.txt (3.6 KB, 260 views)
Old 11-01-2020, 10:10 PM   #42
slowsmile
Witchman

@Thasaidon...Thanks for sending the opf and ncx files.

The problem that you have is my fault. The plugin only looks for the NCX file as "toc.ncx" which is hard coded in the plugin. That's why my plugin can't find the "fb.ncx" file in your epub. I can fix that problem quite easily.

Meanwhile, if you want your problem epub to go through the IDErrorCheck plugin without any problems then, in Sigil's Book Browser, just rename your "fb.ncx" file to "toc.ncx" and the plugin should hopefully run without any problems.

I'll put out a fix for that as soon as I can.

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-01-2020 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:45 AM   #43
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
@Thasaidon...Thanks for sending the opf and ncx files.

The problem that you have is my fault. The plugin only looks for the NCX file as "toc.ncx" which is hard coded in the plugin. That's why my plugin can't find the "fb.ncx" file in your epub. I can fix that problem quite easily.

I'll put out a fix for that as soon as I can.
Good, we have have found a buglet and can squash it.

It is NOT your fault. You cannot be expected to think of everything.

I will change fb.ncx to toc.ncx and give it a whirl.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:52 AM   #44
slowsmile
Witchman

New Plugin Update(version 0.2.1):

-- Fixed a problem with the "TOC.ncx" filename which was hard coded in the plugin causing problems. My thanks to Thasaidon.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #45
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard

Quote:
New Plugin Update(version 0.2.1):

-- Fixed a problem with the "TOC.ncx" filename which was hard coded in the plugin causing problems. My thanks to Thasaidon.
Many thanks to you for fixing the problem.