Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #16
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2scre View Post
By the way, does Moon Reader have ability to categorize into many shelves like you can make collections in Kindle app?
There is basically only one shelf in Moon Reader but you can easily select what is to be currently displayed on that shelf by a pull-down menu that lets you select from several choices including Author and Series.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #17
Tortuosit
Enthusiast
Tortuosit began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Mate 20 X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
There is basically only one shelf in Moon Reader but you can easily select what is to be currently displayed on that shelf by a pull-down menu that lets you select from several choices including Author and Series.
What people call "shelves" simply translates into "Favourites" in Moon+ -i.e., you create Favourites categories.

a) They are directly accessible in the main dropdown
b) A book can only be in one Favourite category (similar to a physical book, only in one shelf).
Tortuosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2020, 11:38 AM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
There is a strange but,only in 2 column landscape mode, where all but the first couple of pages of a chapter go missing, and the chapter page count shows as 2. Rotating to portrait and back fixes it, so does going to next chapter then backwards. Happens on 2 different devices such curren
T 6.2 release. I have switched back to bookari u ti! It gets fixed, and am keeping a test case book. I can reproduce it in several books at it will show in a chapter that follows a short 1 of 2 page bit e.g. a part number. In all cases the books are well formed, 1 toc entry per HTML file.

It may be an overlay issue because of I tap screen to bring up controls the missing text shows, then vanishes again on a return to full screen view.

It actuaully ruins the reading experience as you stop trusting short chapters..
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #19
2scre
Zealot
2scre began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
I just noticed on my Kitkat Android phone that when I view my highlights it goes to the very beginning, unless I mark "Sort by time", but then while it does show the latest highlight first, it goes in reverse order so that I see the latest highlight on top of the screen and than earlier highlights below. I would rather follow highlight from up to down rather than down to up.

Basically I want it to show the highlights in the order that it occurs in the book, not by the time I highlighted it, but I also want it to show where I am in the book instead of going to the beginning of the book when I look at the list of highlights.

Is this a Kitkat thing? Do MoonReader for newer Androids not have this problem?
I'm thinking newer Androids don't have this problem because I used to use Moon Reader on a newer Android, and I don't recall it having this problem, but it broke so I can't use it anymore.
2scre is offline   Reply With Quote