Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #1
myia
myia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
KUAL not starting on PW2, ssh working

Hi folks,

Some years ago I successfully jailbroke my Kindle PW2, installed KUAL, Backdoor-Lock, Koreader usbnetswitch and other packages. since it is still version 5.4.2 it worked quite well. Many thanks.
I now used it again after a while and first thought about making an update but it sound like it could deactivate the jailbreak. So i decided to install only a new version of koreader. ( i just deleted the old koreader folders in root ).
But after that KUAL wont start again and the device only connects in USBnet-mode to my PC. I can log in via ssh. So deleted the folders again. It didnt help. Then i put the old folder back. It did'nt help. The last thing i did, was to install mkk. But KUAL is still not starting.
(If i click the shop button, a window pops up, telling me, that there is an error opening the content and that i should contact kindle-support -.- )
Everything else seem to work fine.
Does anyone know this problem? How exactly is KUAL startet?

Greetings
myia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Read up to date documentation, and try again with a detailed question If things are unclear, because this is all over the place.

Start with the KUAL post and its FAQ.

It should be as simple as jb hotfix + mrpi + KUAL booklet.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kual broken