Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #16
njf
njf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animalsnjf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Voyage (PW2 now deceased)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrco View Post
I do use collections (LS and Calibre plugin work fine on my pw4), but those could be manually created too.

So changing the sleep image to book cover is the real reason for me. And I prefer the brand Kindle to other readers.

Add to that the fact that I like to be root on tools that I own. Even if I am not using to play chess or installing add-ons ATM.
The screensaver hack is nice but mostly wasted on me as I use a case with a flip cover. Managing collections in Calibre is so much better than doing it on the Kindle.

And for me, jailbreaking my new Voyage was only sensible to do now even if I didn't plan on using any hacks yet. If I waited, the firmware would almost certainly have updated itself to a version where jailbreaking would have been impossible. (PS No way am I competent to open up a Kindle and deal with soldering etc.)

Last edited by njf; 11-16-2018 at 07:20 AM.
njf is offline   Reply With Quote