Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
LivelyWriter
Dead Barchetta
LivelyWriter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader, Kindle
Handspring Visor

Way back in the Dark Ages, I owned one of these devices primarily to use as an eBook reader. I loved it. It was backlit, and I knew how to convert books to PDB format to read. Of course, technology moved forward, and I put the thing away.

Recently I unearthed the thing after a move. It's missing a stylus, but I put in fresh batteries and I find it still works. The eBook reader app I installed is still there, so I'm thinking of hanging onto it. I know where to get replacement software for synching, too.

Question is, I need a USB cradle for it. The old one is lost. Any ideas on a decent priced one?

Thanks!

Kathryn Lively - author of Dead Barchetta
It's a long strange trip... On Kindle for $2.99!
LivelyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
ricardo123
ricardo123 began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Visor
I have a spare cradle and installation CD, which I am happy to post out to you for a nominal cost (I live in London). I have been reading on my Visor for many years. I bought it for £5 on Ebay and I would not swap it for a kindle or a sony. It is great.
ricardo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
spideyak
spideyak is on a distinguished road

Device: PocketBook 301+, Sony PRS-300
Ricardo123,

I know this is an old thread, but how do you get your ebooks onto the Visor? I used to have one and loved it.
spideyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
I also have a Visor (and a spare Visor, and a few spare styluses, just because) and started my eBook reading on one. I know this is an old post, but I thank you for making it because it has caused me to make sure I know where my cradle is. I will guard it jealously with my life.

I am willing to lend anyone else my cradle so long as I get it back, so that you can load books to your Visor if'n you don't want to buy your own.

(end thread hijack)
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 12:55 AM   #5
greenshoe
greenshoe began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring with eReader
Would anyone happen to have the eReader Merriam-Webster's Spanish-English Dictionary ? I can't find it anywhere and it would be very helpful to me:

https://web.archive.org/web/20061219...t/detail/10429

Thanks!
greenshoe is offline   Reply With Quote