Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #1
rykage
rykage began at the beginning.

Device: Moto X Play w/ Moon Reader+
Need Help with Moon Reader+ tags and information editing

Hello there!

I recently bought a new phone and migrated all my books to the new device. I use Moon Reader+ on both devices. The problem is, I'm trying to edit the book information/tags so that it shows the series name and number before the description.

Somewhat like this : http://imgur.com/hGqVL2I

I looked over the description and tags of the Lightbringer series and this is what I saw : http://imgur.com/FyWUit1

I tried imitating the same with the tags and information in the Wheel of Time series, but the series number simply isn't showing up for me.

Like this : http://imgur.com/58UYCFS

Any help on how I can get the series number to show up next to the series name would be highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited by HarryT; 11-28-2015 at 09:14 AM.
rykage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:35 AM   #2
jhb50
jhb50 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Make a request to MoonReader to add "Series" data to the Edit page.

I have now done this.

Last edited by jhb50; 11-30-2015 at 04:00 PM.
jhb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2015, 01:16 AM   #3
rykage
rykage began at the beginning.

Device: Moto X Play w/ Moon Reader+
There already seems to be some provision for series numbers since some of the series' I have are showing the series number along with name, so they get sorted properly.

Just wondering if anyone knows HOW to get to that series number.
rykage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:14 AM   #4
jhb50
jhb50 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I believe you can use Calibres plugboard feature to add series info to the end of the book name when exporting your books to MoonReader. See the examples in the Calibre documentation on how to do that.
jhb50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
What jhb50 said. In calibre you can edit the metadata which includes an option for series and number. For more information about calibre, visit our calibre forums. The creator of calibre is a moderator there. Most of the folks here use calibre for their library management tool, no matter what ereader they have.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert