Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #826
ballhit2
ballhit2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
I was impatient and frustrated after downloading the Collections Manager since it was Dev-Blocked and wouldn't work and thus deleted it from the Kindle menu screen.

Then I saw the bit about installing that poorly-named Kindset thing, and did that.

But now whenever I try to drop the Collections Manager file into the Documents folder again while hooked up on USB it seems to do so, but then it does not re-appear on the Kindle device, and when I check again the .azw2 file just stays in the root directory!!!

When I had deleted it it said something about "archiving" and not truly "deleting."

The goal is to be able to have Collections without needing to register the Kindle.

Help!
ballhit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #827
prculley
prculley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle pw2
Poor battery life (2 days)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Have your reading habits changed since you started using the collections manager?

Maybe making as many page turns in two days, as you used to make in two weeks - back when you had nothing to read on the device.
Turns out that the problem was the indexer; I had not realized that the PW2 needed to have "all Text" set to search for un-indexed stuff. That said, the indexer seems to be very unstable lately. It keeps hanging up, on different files, and once hung, seems to be unable to index anything else until I delete all the index files and some of the books and start over. Files that seem to hang it one time, will work fine the next (if I load them first). And files loaded later that worked before will hang it up again.

Is it possible that this collections manager, jailbreak, or screensaver is taking too much memory or other resources and destabilizing the indexer?

I may have to restore this to defaults and start over without the hack to test this theory, but I have not had the time yet (Takes a while when you have 487 books).
prculley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #828
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, all those are passive: ie. they do nothing unless you're actively using them.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 01:21 AM   #829
klaing
klaing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Spectacular! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

After using CM and SS hack on my K3, I upgraded to the PW2 a week ago.

I've got the CM and Kindle Collections working just fine on FW 5.4.2.1

Now to get the SS hack sorted out!
klaing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #830
willwac
willwac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT (Black)
Speaking of a CM on the K3, is there a CM for the K4 NT Black that doesn't require a computer?
willwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 AM   #831
smithware
smithware began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Klaing, can you tell me which post/set of directions you used to successfully get CM and Kindle Collections working on the 5.4.2.1? I'm brand new to JB Kindles and there are about 800 threads to try and follow in this list......
smithware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #832
smithware

okay, so I got the JB, MKK and CM installed successfully (I think), but I'm missing the piece where I can manage it through Calibre (I see the functionality of the plugin, it is just not working as expected - can't send collections to the Kindle....)
Old 03-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #833
smithware

Okay, so if the plan was to stay silent until I figured it out on my own, it worked.... I appear to be all set.... Thanks for the JB and code!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #834
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithware View Post
Okay, so if the plan was to stay silent until I figured it out on my own, it worked.... I appear to be all set.... Thanks for the JB and code!
Not quite.

You asked a specific question of a specific person and nothing was seen in response on the public forum - -

Which usually indicates that the two persons involved worked out the Q&A either over PM or IRC.
There was nothing posted in the public forum to indicate that it hadn't been.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #835
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
So I'm confused, to those of you who say you have CM working fully on 5.4.2.1, does this include successful nesting of collections? Because my understanding was that Ixtab pretty much said that only single-level collections (the problem that has plagued kindles from the start) are possible.

Can someone clarify for me, please? Thank you.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:54 AM   #836
Helios
Helios began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1
Where

Hello you out there
I'm new here and need some help. I successfully installed the collection manager on my pw1, for that

now I have found this post...

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by victor_2203
Would it be possible to make an extension for include the access to the "Collections Manager" as a submenu in the Menu Launcher? In the same way that the jbpatch-launcher. If we toggle the icon from Home we can't acces to the Manager, isn't it?
Quote:
Yes! Here you go. Just don't delete Collections Manager, place it in a collection then hide it with collection manager. It won't hide without being in a collection.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Collections Manager.zip (742 Bytes, 418 views)
...which should tell me how I can hide the collection manager from the main menue and let it appear (with the in the post attached files) as a submenu of the menu-button on the upper right.

now I have the two files from the post "config.xml" and "menu.json" what do I do with them? where do I put them?

I'm very gratefull to anyone who can help.

p.s.: the hiding of the collection manager is not the problem :P

Last edited by Helios; 03-05-2014 at 06:50 AM.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #837
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Hello you out there
I'm new here and need some help. I successfully installed the collection manager on my pw1, for that

now I have found this post...

...which should tell me how I can hide the collection manager from the main menue and let it appear (with the in the post attached files) as a submenu of the menu-button on the upper right.

now I have the two files from the post "config.xml" and "menu.json" what do I do with them? where do I put them?

I'm very gratefull to anyone who can help.

p.s.: the hiding of the collection manager is not the problem :P
Hmmm... I guess that the best answer is: are you using KUAL?

A) If so, there is a KUAL extension linked right from the first post of the KUAL thread (in the "Run other applications" -> "COLLECTIONS / SYSTEM / SECURITY / FIREWALL / UTILITIES" section), named "Collections Manager Launcher" (direct link). That one should work with all versions of KUAL and CM -- if it doesn't, then please post an appropriate notice.

B) If you are not using KUAL: the posts that you mentioned are fairly old. (As a side note: please add a link to the stuff that you are referring to, it'll make things easier for everyone. Every post has a little "link handle" right where the post number is, so you can refer to it easily. In your case, that's this one I guess ) Ok, side note aside: these post are really old. Quite a few things have changed in the mean time. The old launcher has been superseded by KUAL. So, just install KUAL, then goto A;

HTH
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 AM   #838
Helios
Helios began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.1
Hi ixtab and thanks

actually I don't have kual my bad... I looked up the kual-thread and have seen the screenshots...

so my question ist, ist there a possibility to show collections manager in the upper right dropdown menue of my kindle...
I'dont have any application bisades CM so it dosent make sense for me to install kual so that i can have the cm in the menue of kual... if I have to open kual for opening cm its the same as opening cm directly from the home screen...

so is there a chance, that I press the menu button (first from right)

and can choose to open the cm? Or does kual this?

thank you again
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:39 AM   #839
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
So I'm confused, to those of you who say you have CM working fully on 5.4.2.1, does this include successful nesting of collections? Because my understanding was that Ixtab pretty much said that only single-level collections (the problem that has plagued kindles from the start) are possible.

Can someone clarify for me, please? Thank you.
No one? No one at all? Really?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #840
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@gweminence: Nope, no nesting on >= 5.4.2
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks