Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: December 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky 10 10.53%
Walden by Henry David Thoreau 8 8.42%
Call of the Wild by Jack London 5 5.26%
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 11 11.58%
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins 17 17.89%
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas 10 10.53%
A Room With A View by E. M. Forster 12 12.63%
War of the Worlds by H G Wells 16 16.84%
Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain 5 5.26%
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #61
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
War of the Worlds is plain boring... and H.G. Wells is a jerk ;-)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #62
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I don't really have time to re-read books, and since I've read the top three I'll probably bow out this month.

I hope everyone enjoys the selection.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #63
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
doreenjoy, could you vote for The Woman in White? I'll give you some Karma!
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #64
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Wish I could, but I've already cast my vote. It's a great book, though.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I haven't voted yet, so whoever hasn't voted, let's start an alliance. I don't want to read War of the Worlds. I don't feel like reading Great Expectations (although it was a great read) again. I would like to read The Woman In White, The Count of Monte Cristo, or maybe A Room with a View.

I agree. Let's start an alliance to vote for War of the Worlds. It happens to be the best book in the list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll give karma to anyone who votes for War of the Worlds. But seriously, War of the Worlds is very good and anyone who doesn't like it should be forced to read A Passage to India and only that book for the rest of his/her life.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #67
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I also have been wanting to read Of Mice and Men although I don't think this has hit PD yet... has it?

BOb
Not until 2033 in the US.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:40 PM   #68
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob
I also have been wanting to read Of Mice and Men although I don't think this has hit PD yet... has it?

BOb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Not until 2033 in the US.
It's worth paying for. Excellent book, but very, very sad.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #69
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
War of the Worlds!!!!! Advocating for the victory of War!! LOL.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #70
sara4
sara4 began at the beginning.

Device: cruz ereader
channukah starts next week and I already have started preparations. But I still need to read daily, it is my fix.
sara4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #71
Lloyd Simcoe
immortal observer
Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Simcoe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll give karma to anyone who votes for War of the Worlds.
I haven't voted yet. How much karma are you offering?
Lloyd Simcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #72
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

I am rooting for The Count of Monte Cristo simply to see if anyone has the nads to actually read it in a month. It's only around 1500 pages. Perfect time of year for the tome of tomes. That's more than combining a stack of some dictionaries together as a coffee table.

A Room with a View is supposed to be quite a good read. Actually save for a couple titles listed all of the options are good reads. I am partial to anything by Twain and actually have never read Life on the Mississippi. I just finished "A Tramp Abroad" which, as with all things Twain, an event where a good time was had by one and all.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #73
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Having a visible poll reduces your choices. If an item has only a few votes a member may select another that may have a better chance of winning.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #74
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Simcoe View Post
I haven't voted yet. How much karma are you offering?
I can offer enough to make it worth while.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipenekkid View Post
I am rooting for The Count of Monte Cristo simply to see if anyone has the nads to actually read it in a month. It's only around 1500 pages. Perfect time of year for the tome of tomes. That's more than combining a stack of some dictionaries together as a coffee table.
Given that this is the holiday season, it's way way way too large to finish in December.