Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #16
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
On the off-chance something's obviously wrong there, what's you exact NM config entry?
Code:
menu_item :main : Start KOReader : cmd_spawn :/bin/sh -c mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/koreader.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #17
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
Hmmm, 6 GB storage left. No problems with internal storage. I‘ll try a manual and complete reinstall. Tomorrow
I did another thing. I reinstalled KFMon. On start KoReader immediately began to update, I guess because of the files still left in the ota folder.
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 12:49 PM   #18
trekk
Terraner

One more thing

I started KoReader with NM and tried to update to 2020.06-3. As expected this failed as described in #9.

I then deleted all the files in the ota folder and started KoReader with KFMon. Again the update failed. I am given the same two options - retry with a full download or abort. I retried the full download. After a restart KOReader updated properly.

I have no idea what's going on.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:05 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's because your NM entry was not quite right.

It's documented in the OCP configs, and in the wiki .

----

To expand on that: both cmd_spawn and cmd_output are *already* passed to sh -c internally, so that was useless. As was redirecting the output, because it's a cmd_spawn, not a cmd_output.

Given the sh -c thing, I do recommend using cmd_spawn & exec to avoid one layer of shell wrapper (and get a mostly-useful PPID (1, because it's reparented to init) in the process, instead of a random sh process).

But, most importantly, use absolute paths. That's what was breaking OTAs. In fact, I'm not quite sure why it wasn't breaking startup, period.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-19-2020 at 03:11 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:52 PM   #20
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
That's because your NM entry was not quite right.

It's documented in the OCP configs, and in the wiki .
Yes, it is well documented now, but I installed NM in early May and everything seemed to be OK then I just copied the line from this post in the NM thread without much overthinking what it does. Thank you for the explanation!
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #21
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Both of those were documented on May 13 (i.e., roughly as soon as the quiet flag was implemented, if I recall; and well before an actual KOReader release supporting NM hit stable).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:07 PM   #22
trekk
Terraner

The post i mentioned was from May 2nd. @Carmelocotonto used this line in his config and noone seemed to object, so I used it too. Worked well with the then current nightly (unless you wanted to do an ota update )

But, you are absolutely right, people should read documentations more often and thorough.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:11 PM   #23
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
Yes¡ now is updating right!
I copy the command from the same thread.

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-A705FN mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:07 AM   #24
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Originally Posted by albare View Post
Yes¡ now is updating right!
Same here. Updates now work flawlessly. Thanks again, @NiLuJe.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:03 PM   #25
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
I have known these past months some very slooow updates and some failures.

The June OTA update has been perfect. Fast and informative.

I still have a Kindle PW3 (wifi)

Congratulation for your tireless work
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote