Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 03:59 AM   #1
Snodgrass
Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, nook
"Lotte" Kobo Glo

Anybody heard of this device? My Glo is getting elderly, so I googled for a replacement and got this:

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/LOTTE-KOBO...ner_no=1305330

The sort-of auto-translate from Chinese is quaintly confusing, but it seems to suggest that it comes with Koreader built in.

Comments appreciated - even along the lines of 'avoid at all costs'.

Thank you,

Ol.
Snodgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:32 AM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I don't know where you are but the shipping rate to the UK does seem a bit stiff. Over one third of the price of the reader.

From the description it looks like these are ex-display items, perhaps from stores where they may have been subject to hard wear. However in the Q&A at the bottom of the page it says they are new (if so why no box etc).

As you say the language used definitely needs inspired interpretation, but they do mention KOReader quite specifically
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
With shipping it works out at £81.45 (according to XE currency converter. That seems expensive for a kobo glo copy, or even an original glo. If it was me I would be tempted to either buy the new Clara for £109 or scource a new battery for your current glo.

I still 2 glo's that I am still happily using, although I bought 1 on ebay as a backup ereader.
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:31 PM   #4
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Have a look on AliExpress - they have Glos for about GBP52 including shipping.

A couple of the stores offer them with KOReader installed.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:02 AM   #5
Snodgrass
Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snodgrass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, nook
Many thanks, all.

I shall now find out about Ali (excluding the forty thieves, I hope).

Happy days,

Ol.
Snodgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The price is too high. Definitely not worth it. Either find a different site to buy a Glo or buy a different model Kobo. Personally, I'd go for a different model with a higher resolution screen. The Glo is a bit outdated these days.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote