Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-06-2020, 07:51 AM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
to add a non-bug report
checked that the app had auto updated... then
with 5.4.4.7 i did a connect, download a book, disconnect, read, & book opened ok In Moon reader. But I am not storing books on SD card, they are downloading to internal memory

I think a common factor is that all the other reporters are using SD card ?

I'd rather quit while I am ahead though & not try to duplicate that.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #17
sebeseret
sebeseret began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
to add a non-bug report
checked that the app had auto updated... then
with 5.4.4.7 i did a connect, download a book, disconnect, read, & book opened ok In Moon reader. But I am not storing books on SD card, they are downloading to internal memory

I think a common factor is that all the other reporters are using SD card ?

I'd rather quit while I am ahead though & not try to duplicate that.
I can confirm that in my case, my test library is on an SD card, on a Galaxy Tab S3, using Android 9 (and no book will open). Transferring to the internal memory allows the test file to open correctly, but prevents me from uploading my actual library, due to obvious space constraint.
sebeseret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #18
AnitainTN
Member, Nooks Anonymous
AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.AnitainTN trips the light fantastic.

Device: SGTS2-8, Nook Color
I think it's on my SD card. For space reasons. I can't find the check box for SD card storage...the 'store by file format' list says they're all in /storage/number-number. I don't want to mess that up. Will spend some more time looking after work.
AnitainTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:48 PM   #19
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Hey All,

Just a quick update.

Confirmed the issue stems from SD card storage using Samsung devices.

We have been able to reproduce and are working towards the solution round the clock.

We apologize for the interruption to your service of the app and will get a fix out ASAP.

Thanks for all your discussion and feedback which has helped us identify the issue, will follow back up when I have a quality update.

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #20
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Good to know.
So there must be some difference between stock android and the Samsung implementation that is causing this?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2020, 04:16 PM   #21
GurleyGirl
GurleyGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A 8.0 & Nexus 7
Thanks for giving us an update that you are working on a fix for this issue.

I'm just another Samsung user with my CC library on a SD card on a really old tablet that is experiencing the same crashing.

GurleyGirl
(Who is now looking online for a new tablet with loads of internal memory storage...Samsung Tab S6 or Microsoft Surface Pro...???)
GurleyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #22
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Good to know.
So there must be some difference between stock android and the Samsung implementation that is causing this?
Not sure yet. Being curious, I updated CC on my S2 & CC "kinda" works as the book details page appears with the 'delete' 'read' at the top like usual. Touching 'read', a popup says that CC keeps stopping. The S2 is running LOS 17.1 (android 10), CC is 5.4.4.7.

Same thing happens on the Tab S5e but it is running Samsung android 9 but CC got updated to only 5.4.4.6.

edit: the CC library is on the SD card.

Checking with Likebook Mars where it worked as usual, BUT when I did the "update", CC got updated to 5.4.3.3 (391) which was the working versions working for the S2 & S5e.

Last edited by crane3; 05-06-2020 at 04:31 PM. Reason: add info
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:03 AM   #23
scurrell
scurrell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 4 XL
5.4.4.7 - still asks me to log in to OneDrive every time, and images are still missing.

Google Pixel 4 XL, Android 10
scurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #24
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

I tested a new version this morning that was working with SD card.

Submitted for Google Play Store to review.

Thank you for your patience, will update when we release to production.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:58 PM   #25
MDExTx
MDExTx began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700)
Thank you for working so hard to fix this problem.
MDExTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:21 PM   #26
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
I tested a new version this morning that was working with SD card.

Submitted for Google Play Store to review.

Thank you for your patience, will update when we release to production.
I am unable to open any book my reader of choice is coolreader it gives an error cant open file.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:42 PM   #27
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I am unable to open any book my reader of choice is coolreader it gives an error cant open file.
Are you on version 5.4.4.8?
Old 05-08-2020, 06:59 PM   #28
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Are you on version 5.4.4.8?
yes I am
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:14 PM   #29
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
yes I am
Can you please send a debug log to us?

Also if you'd like to discuss in further detail, please email ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

Alex
Old 05-09-2020, 02:06 AM   #30
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
With Version 5.4.4.8 (399) in Box i get the message, that the Calibre database has errors, or isnt available.
When I try to download the library, I get a 6.5 Gb zip file and when I unzip it, it works in Calibre.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-09-2020 at 07:10 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote