Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
font clipping

My 1150 has long been a bit iffy, only turning on about two thirds of the time, with the other third requiring a reset. Of late over half the time it won't turn on without the reset button. But yesterday when it finally came on after a few tries, the screen was weird, with the fonts clipped. By this I mean the top two or three pixels of each character (I run in largest-font mode, sixteen lines plus a header per page) didn't show up. And I do mean each character, not simply a line blanked at the top of the line space, only affecting capitals and ascenders. Even short lowercase letters were clipped.

Repeated resets didn't fix the problem, but it went away after I read 20 or 30 pages. Anyone else ever experience this clipping?
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
umm

This does not sound good. If you bought it from ebookwise I would see if you could exchange for a new one?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
It's almost three years old, so it's out of warranty, and so far the issues are minor annoyances, not real problems worth the trials of dealing with customer support. Time enough to consider that if the unit actually dies or the fonts gets messed up enough to be unreadable. I was just wondering if there was any quick fix I was missing.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1150, clip, ebookwise, font