Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2021, 03:19 AM   #151
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogator View Post
If I'm upgrading from calibre 4.whatever and the old version of DeDrm will I need to reput my kindle ID. Or will it import my settings from the old version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The settings should carry over.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:44 PM   #152
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The 7.2.1 is out
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2021, 04:02 PM   #153
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm still getting AZW3/KF8 files through a hacked Kindle for Mac. Has the new version worked with latest LFX for anyone?
Old 04-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #154
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Has the new version worked with latest LFX for anyone?
Decryption of books in KFX format downloaded using the latest release (1.30.0) of Kindle for PC was working for me yesterday with the new 7.2.1 Tools.

I tried again just now and it is no longer working for newly downloaded books. It took about a day for Amazon to break it without needing to release new software.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:55 AM   #155
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Decryption of books in KFX format downloaded using the latest release (1.30.0) of Kindle for PC was working for me yesterday with the new 7.2.1 Tools.

I tried again just now and it is no longer working for newly downloaded books. It took about a day for Amazon to break it without needing to release new software.
Wow. That's fast!
Advert
Old 04-13-2021, 08:08 AM   #156
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Just like last time. So is the last version of Kindle for PC/Mac which will work for KFX now the version before the current one? 1.29? Or do we still need 1.26 or earlier?
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #157
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Wow. That's fast!
They must be keeping track of DeDRM releases and so far have enough additional DRM methods already implemented to stay ahead of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Just like last time. So is the last version of Kindle for PC/Mac which will work for KFX now the version before the current one? 1.29? Or do we still need 1.26 or earlier?
I believe that newly enabled DRM was already in place in 1.27 so we are back to using 1.26 again for KFX.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:57 AM   #158
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by dumb luck. I'm sure they're aware of The Tools, but I doubt they think about them very much at all when implementing changes.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #159
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I admit the current situation somewhat depresses me. Are we doomed to having unbreakable DRM in the future? Yes, there are alternate methods at the moment, but it seems Amazon and/or the publishers have started to gradually phase them out (e.g. the book requiring the latest everything and not downloadable for USB transfer). For me it would mean no more Amazon books, which would be a pity, as they have many exclusives. Plus the epubs might follow suit and finally implement that much touted hardened DRM.

Not that I'd have nothing to read, of course ... my TBR list is several hundred years long. But still...
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 10:41 AM   #160
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I admit the current situation somewhat depresses me. Are we doomed to having unbreakable DRM in the future? Yes, there are alternate methods at the moment, but it seems Amazon and/or the publishers have started to gradually phase them out (e.g. the book requiring the latest everything and not downloadable for USB transfer). For me it would mean no more Amazon books, which would be a pity, as they have many exclusives. Plus the epubs might follow suit and finally implement that much touted hardened DRM.
It seems that at least in Germany epub mostly went the way of watermark instead of Adobe DRM, depending on the publisher. Unfortunately, we don't know what the future brings to us.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:01 AM   #161
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
It seems that at least in Germany epub mostly went the way of watermark instead of Adobe DRM, depending on the publisher. Unfortunately, we don't know what the future brings to us.
In Estonia they use watermark also. But most of my reading material is English-language fiction (much cheaper than local ebooks, plus the huge selection. Ebooks have never been popular here and even many new releases still have no electronic edition at all. So it's 99% US and UK ebooks for me).
Old 04-13-2021, 11:26 AM   #162
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Obviously, Amazon no longer cares about users with older Kindles. If they do go KFX to avoid DRM removal, then they will piss off a lot of users who cannot read these KFX eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:27 AM   #163
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Obviously, Amazon no longer cares about users with older Kindles. If they do go KFX to avoid DRM removal, then they will piss off a lot of users who cannot read these KFX eBooks.
Right now, yes. But give it another 5-10 years and I doubt there will be that many users with non-KFX Kindles left.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #164
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
In Estonia they use watermark also. But most of my reading material is English-language fiction (much cheaper than local ebooks, plus the huge selection. Ebooks have never been popular here and even many new releases still have no electronic edition at all. So it's 99% US and UK ebooks for me).
Unfortunately, this is only true for books in German language, if I want to read the English version I often encounter Adobe DRM even if the US version from US sellers would be DRM free.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #165
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Right now, yes. But give it another 5-10 years and I doubt there will be that many users with non-KFX Kindles left.
I'm not so sure of that given that there are a lot of people using non-KFX Kindles that they've been using for a long time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm