Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-10-2020, 08:09 PM   #16
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
As a child, after moving from England to Canada, I attended a private boys school in Montreal. Grade 7 we had to do impromptu speeches; random topic, think for a minute, speak for two minutes.

I was a shy boy, got up on the small dais at the front of the class and received my topic. Girls!
I had a friend in middle school, 8th grade, dealing with this same speech. Her topic was "What it would be like to be bald."

The class heard, "What it would be like to be balled."

Chaos, total chaos, and the teacher was clueless, and my friend was as well until the word left her mouth, and she heard what the class heard.

For those too young, or too old, in the 70's, here in Ohio anyway, "balled" meant "f****ed"
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 06:04 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I've ranted on MR several times about fly-by-night posters who ask for advice and then just vanish. Last week I had a problem with an Intel update on my laptop. I contacted their customer support and was provided with suggestions what to try and then report back.

Unfortunately this past week has been extremely busy for me and I was just too tired to try those suggestions. Today the Intel people said they're going to close the ticket. I am so ashamed that I left them hanging that way, and especially after I've often been annoyed by the exact same behavior from others.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote