Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #451
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There needs to be an Inkpad 3 with a Carta screen. Pearl the reason the text in the attachment showing both the 1 & 2 side by side both show grey text.
Does the screen manufacturer produce such screens? If not, you can't expect Pocketbook or Onyx to sell them.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:05 AM   #452
ask
ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Kobo Aura One is a 7.8” e-reader with a 300dpi Carta e-Ink screen, so there is at least 1 screen manufacturer out there that produces such screens.
ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #453
bassgut
bassgut began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad
Is anybody having problems getting the voice/TTS feature to work on their Inkpad 2? Mine displays an error message stating "certificate signature is missing"
bassgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:08 PM   #454
giganpi
giganpi began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 2
Hi! I've plugged a microSD card into my PocketBook InkPad 2 (firmware 5.15), added MP3 files in the Music directory on the microSD. I can read these MP3 files with the audio reader, fine. But they are listed in the book library, which is a major usability pain.

Any way to hide audio files from the book library?
giganpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 AM   #455
Fede9390
Fede9390 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi everyone,

I had a Pocketbook Inkpad 2 for a couple weeks and, although I really like the device under most aspects, I am experiencing really annoying issues when reading and highlighting PDFs.
I made a video to illustrate the problem: as you can see when I select a word it consistently selects a word from the line below, and when I try to adjust my selection it works so bad that I cannot use it.
This happens only with PDFs while ebooks work fine. Moreover, with some PDFs highlighting works well in the beginning but starts messing up after one or two pages.
I tried to contact the customer service who could only suggest to update the firmware, but nothing changes.

Since I bough the Inkpad2 mainly to read PDFs this is quite a deal breaker for me. Before I return it to the vendor, I was wondering if this is a common issue. Do I have a faulty device or should I just consider alternative products that can handle PDFs better?
Fede9390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:50 AM   #456
rexgideon
rexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-650
Hi Fede9390
Please try Koreader for reading pdf files on Inkpad2. It is much better then embedded pdf reader, works much faster, have more features ...
You can find thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254659
Cheers
rexgideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #457
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
To All,

It appears that I may have gone to the "Dark Side"!

Got in on the ground floor via Indiegogo for a Icarus Illumina XL HD at US $179.00.

Have had it for a little over two weeks now and could not be more pleased as a replacement for my original 840 Inkpad.

Screen size is the same as is the height of each unit with the Icarus being 3/4 of an inch narrower. The Icarus also "feels" somewhat lighter and is more comfortable to hold for extended periods.

Software is definitely superior to the 840 and I am well pleased with the purchase.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:32 AM   #458
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Got in on the ground floor via Indiegogo for a Icarus Illumina XL HD at US $179.00.
What sort of cover/sleeve did you get for it?
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:31 AM   #459
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Nothing! I have a zippered soft foam case that I lined with a a layer of bubble wrap to protect my 840 since I was not able to figure out how the first unit's screen cracked. The Illumina fits inside this case with ease. It has a zippered pocket where I carry a collapsible stand and a stylus. All is well!
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:35 AM   #460
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede9390 View Post
Hi everyone,

I had a Pocketbook Inkpad 2 for a couple weeks and, although I really like the device under most aspects, I am experiencing really annoying issues when reading and highlighting PDFs.
I have had a number of Pocketbooks over a few years. Highlighting, if you try to do it with precision, works badly. Not to the point of being a dealbreaker for me, but surely to the point of being a major annoyance. Had I more need for highlighting, I would use something else, likely a tablet.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #461
etatoby
etatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notesetatoby can name that song in three notes

Device: BOOX Note 3, HiSense A5 Pro CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Got in on the ground floor via Indiegogo for a Icarus Illumina XL HD

Have had it for a little over two weeks now and could not be more pleased as a replacement for my original 840 Inkpad.
Thank you SO MUCH for posting it on this thread!

This summer I even did a specific Google search for an 8" Android e-Ink device, figuring there might be some new development, but I couldn't find anything beyond the old (and out of stock) Onyx Boox. For some reason the Illumina XL HD passed completely below my radar!

Fortunately it just became available for preorder on Icarus' website a few days ago and I just placed my order.

Like many of you, I have been very happy with the Inkpad's screen and form factor, less so with its software. I even downgraded the firmware (and posted a rant thread about it) which did solve one issue (the list of recently opened books on SD card) but introduced another (slooooow PDF display)

On top of that, I've been using the Inkpad's builtin browser more and more, to read lengthy web content in the summer, on my porch, where there's too much sunlight for any other device. But Pocketbook's browser is... yeah.

I'm really looking forward to the Illumina XL HD!

For anybody who might want a rubber bumper, I'll use this one that I bought for the Inkpad, after almost smashing it to pieces. It doubles as a stand. On the Inkpad it's a bit stretched, but the Illumina is less wide, so it should fit better: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222352561469 (or search for "7-10 inch tablet universal silicone case")
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	159746   Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper2.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	159747  

Last edited by etatoby; 11-01-2017 at 02:37 PM.
etatoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:12 AM   #462
ThatBookGuy
ThatBookGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 1 + 3
Well, the Icarus only has as few as 16GB internal memory that cannot be expanded, it lacks scrolling keys and some reviews say it runs faster out of battery than the InkPad. This combination is an absolute no-go for me.

My dream would be a new Pocketbook InkPad with faster CPU and a modern display. Everything else is just fine the way it is.

Last edited by ThatBookGuy; 12-24-2017 at 07:18 AM.
ThatBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:46 PM   #463
ThatBookGuy
ThatBookGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 1 + 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBookGuy View Post
My dream would be a new Pocketbook InkPad with faster CPU and a modern display. Everything else is just fine the way it is.
Oh my gosh,
my dreams come true! This is exactly what the new InkPad 3 (Pocketbook 740) seems to deliver: 2-core-CPU with Carta Display. And something I have missed before: The photos show an additional menu button.

https://the-digital-reader.com/2018/...dual-core-cpu/

I hope they will take preorders soon.
ThatBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:29 PM   #464
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBookGuy View Post
Oh my gosh,
my dreams come true! This is exactly what the new InkPad 3 (Pocketbook 740) seems to deliver: 2-core-CPU with Carta Display.
Seems very nice! Let's hope the quality of the touch layer and the software are good enough for footnotes & highlighting comfortably...

Seems like it has a system to avoid blue light, like the Aura One. It can be a really good ereader!
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:51 AM   #465
ebookexpertcz
ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ebookexpertcz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: too many :-)
First impressions of Pocketbook Inkpad 3

First impressions of Pocketbook Inkpad 3 - http://ebookexpert.cz/pocketbook-inkpad-3-prvni-pohled/

It is in czech language, probably you will be must use google translator :-)
ebookexpertcz is offline   Reply With Quote