Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Tag behavior...

When I first started playing with Calibre a week or two back, I was certain that when I already had Tags entered for a book, and then downloaded social content etc, that the new tags were ADDED to my own initially entered tags.

Since the last update (?) I've been finding that when I download social content, my original tags (usually something like UNREAD) are replaced by the new content.

I'm trying to figure out which of the following is correct:

a) did I flip a switch somewhere?
b) did this change during an update (intentionally or unintentionally)
c) it has always been this way, and I'm just misremembering.

Thanks for helping me figure it out...
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you "Fetch Meta-Data", it will replace that existing.

I found that if you are in the "Edit Meta-Data" window (for a single title) and
Fetch Meta-data and then click on the "Tag Editor" button (next to the tags.
The original tags, still show.. Just click OK, and only your original tags stay intact.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert