Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #1
tterrellbanks
tterrellbanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura; Kindle Paperwhite 1
Kobo Aura (Walmart version) Sleep Screen Text

I've got a new Walmart version of the Kobo Aura.

I like it. One thing I would like to see different is that when it is asleep it says 'Sleeping' at the top of the screen and shows the cover of the current open book. I would like to see a text line showing my name & contact info where it says 'Sleeping' so whoever finds it when I leave it somewhere can call me. Can this be done & where would I find the info about doing it.

Thanks.
tterrellbanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tterrellbanks View Post
I've got a new Walmart version of the Kobo Aura.

I like it. One thing I would like to see different is that when it is asleep it says 'Sleeping' at the top of the screen and shows the cover of the current open book. I would like to see a text line showing my name & contact info where it says 'Sleeping' so whoever finds it when I leave it somewhere can call me. Can this be done & where would I find the info about doing it.

Thanks.
Not sure if it could be done since many strings are limited size. You might want to post in the kobopatch request thread to see if anyone there has any suggestions.

I do have one acquaintance who added an image with his contact information as the sleep screen but that takes the entire screen. See the first post in the Random Screensaver thread for the how-to.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I do have one acquaintance who added an image with his contact information as the sleep screen but that takes the entire screen.
Not necessarily, with the new patch I made a bit ago.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Not necessarily, with the new patch I made a bit ago.
I don't see anything in that patch to change the panel text. It's possible that another patch I'm not aware of allows replacing the text in the info panel with a user defined string.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:48 PM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I don't see anything in that patch to change the panel text. It's possible that another patch I'm not aware of allows replacing the text in the info panel with a user defined string.
You're correct in that it doesn't allow changing the text, but it does allow using a custom screensaver image (which could contain text) and the info panel at the same time.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 02:56 AM   #6
die
die can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheesedie can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one
Allow showing info panel on random screensaver:
- Enabled: no
- Description: |
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321609. This patch
allows showing the info panel even when using a random screensaver image
from .kobo/screensaver (note that full-screen covers needs to be enabled
for the screensaver to show).

I don't find the full-screen covers. I have got Kobo Aura One (2016 Kobo AURA One N709-KU-BK-K-EP Lettore eBook (B01KWX3M1I)) and I cannot see it in the option.

But I need to stress another issue: I have problem with rotation, actually when I am on landscape mode, the touch screen doesn't work properly.
Actually touch screen is not collimated with image, and so I must click in another position, difficult to find and in most case out of kobo, that is to say impossible to achieve.

Last edited by die; 01-28-2020 at 02:57 AM. Reason: quote
die is offline   Reply With Quote