citronalco
Enthusiast
citronalco began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD
I drafted a new release v3.0.1.

Changes:
- Improved XPATH syntax
- Fixed duplicate "urn:urn:" prefix at URN
- If a book has a ISBN then only search for the ISBN and ignore title and authors. This is how other plugins handle this, too
- Removed web scraping and SRU token: Beginning of April 1st 2021 DNB's SRU interface is publicly available

Currently it's only available here: https://github.com/citronalco/calibr...ses/tag/v3.0.1
Feel free to test!
If no errors are reported here or on Github I am going publish it as update in Calibre's plugin manager beginning of April.
citronalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:30 AM   #17
citronalco
Enthusiast

No bugs were reported, so I've updated the the first post in this thread and attached the new version.

Have fun!
Advert
Old 12-30-2021, 10:07 AM   #18
citronalco
Enthusiast

New release v3.1.3

This release re-enable the cover download: DNB has changed the URL.
See first post.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:52 AM   #19
collaco
collaco began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
While the plugin portal is still showing version 3.1.2 as current, we get a -
calibre, version 5.34.0
<b>SyntaxError</b>:invalid syntax (calibre_plugins.DNB_DE.__init__, line 130)

File "calibre_plugins.DNB_DE.__init__", line 130
title_v.append([ ' '.join(self.get_title_tokens(
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
- error while trying to install the plugin from the downloaded zip-file.
Any idea?
TYIA
collaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:02 AM   #20
citronalco
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by collaco View Post
While the plugin portal is still showing version 3.1.2 as current, we get a -
calibre, version 5.34.0
<b>SyntaxError</b>:invalid syntax (calibre_plugins.DNB_DE.__init__, line 130)

File "calibre_plugins.DNB_DE.__init__", line 130
title_v.append([ ' '.join(self.get_title_tokens(
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
- error while trying to install the plugin from the downloaded zip-file.
Any idea?
TYIA
You're right.
I've uploaded a fixed v3.1.4.
Advert
Old 01-02-2022, 04:34 AM   #21
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
Thanks for that. Is it supposed to be installed from the first post? Because it doesn’t show up in Calibre yet:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Benutzererweiterungen_001.png
Views:	130
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	191254  
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:54 AM   #22
citronalco
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonbase59 View Post
Thanks for that. Is it supposed to be installed from the first post? Because it doesn’t show up in Calibre yet:
It usually takes a few days until the list gets updated.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:22 AM   #23
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citronalco View Post
Didn’t know that, thanks!
Old 01-02-2022, 06:39 AM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by citronalco View Post
The index and threads are read at every hour at half-past the hour. And the changed plugins are retrieved and cached on the server. I don't know exactly how long that takes, but, it shouldn't be more than a few minutes. There have been an occasional problem, but they get fixed as soon as someone reports them. I can see that 3.1.4 is available now. From the time on @Moonbase59's post, I think they just missed it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:15 AM   #25
Moonbase59
Zealot

Yup, what a coincidence. It now showed 3.1.4 and updated.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #26
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I don't know if it's me or the plugin.

I always get "LN, FN" for authors but with the other Lib-plugs the normal "FN LN", so I always have tho change it.
Is it possible to change this or make it optional?
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:55 AM   #27
citronalco
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
I don't know if it's me or the plugin.

I always get "LN, FN" for authors but with the other Lib-plugs the normal "FN LN", so I always have tho change it.
Is it possible to change this or make it optional?
It's the plugin:
Most other metadata sources (Amazon, BOL,...) only return "FN LN" and Calibre has to guess what's the last name for the sort order.
DNB delivers authors as "LN, FN", so Calibre does not have to guess, sort order is always perfectly correct, and I don't want to sacrifice that.

According to the docs, Calibre's plugin API allows me to set three metadata fields for authors: authors, author_sort and author_sort_map:

"author" is the list that gets displayed as "Authors", "author_sort" is a single author's name used for sorting books and gets displayed nowhere(?).
The docs for "authors_sort_map" read like I could use that to assign author names in "FN LN" to their "LN, FN". This way Calibre I could use the correct data from DNB, Calibre would not have to guess, and we could have "FN LN" for authors. So that would be the solution making everyone happy.
But regardless what I try, I can't get it working.
Old 01-09-2022, 12:24 PM   #28
citronalco
Enthusiast

Asked the stuff above in the development forum. Kovid Goyal, the creator of Calibre, nearly immediately responded with an easy solution. If you have some money left: He really deserves a donation.

I've changed the authors names from "lastname, firstname" to "firstname lastname" while keeping the sort order intact and attached an updated plugin version.
If you or someone else encounters any problems with it please let me know!
Attached Files
File Type: zip dnb-test.zip (25.9 KB, 128 views)
Old 01-09-2022, 02:30 PM   #29
Moonbase59
Zealot

Thanks a bundle for "repairing" author & author_sort! Considering that DNB is the authoritative source for German books, this change helps a lot and saves much work!

The testing version 3.1.5 works fine. (Linux Mint 20.3/Calibre 5.34 here.)

Note: DNB usually delivers a more "complete" author name than other sources, like Carsten Sebastian Henn instead of just Carsten Henn, so you might still want to edit some author’s names in order to avoid duplicates in your library.

Last edited by Moonbase59; 01-09-2022 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:37 AM   #30
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Thank you so much for quick response, citronalco!

It works like a charme and saves me a lot of work.

P.S.: I joined patreon
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote