Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 11:28 PM   #106
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Paula Graves, who wrote for Harlequin Intrigue as well as self-published, has died.

My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.
It's been a long time since she posted on Facebook. She will be missed.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:03 AM   #107
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Dragonblade Publishing has several books FREE for a limited time.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_p...price-asc-rank
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #108
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free:

Coming In From the Cold by Sarina Bowen

Spoiler:
He can’t have her. And he can’t tell anyone why.

Ski racer Dane "Danger" Hollister does not do relationships, though he keeps his reason a secret. The real-life curse he's inherited from his mother will eventually cost him everything: his place on the Olympic ski team, his endorsement income, and his ability to fly downhill at top speed.

Reluctant country girl Willow Reade meets Dane by accident. Literally. Her skidding truck forces him off the road during a blizzard. Stranded together in his Jeep as night falls, the two loneliest people in Vermont find themselves sharing more than they'd planned. And not just conversation.

Yet neither can guess how their unlikely tryst will threaten Dane's frightening secret and Willow's tentative peace with her own choices. Only mutual trust and understanding can end their pain and give them a hard won shot at love.

I saw this next book featured in a thread on romances with Muslim characters over at SBTB. I think it's more Chick Lit than straight romance though. On sale for $1.00.

Sophia Khan is Not Obliged by Ayisha Malik

Spoiler:
Sofia Khan is single once more, after her sort-of-boyfriend proves just a little too close to his parents. And she'd be happy that way too, if her boss hadn't asked her to write a book about the weird and wonderful world of Muslim dating. Of course, even though she definitely isn't looking for love, to write the book she does need to do a little research . . .

Last edited by worktolive; 01-17-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: additional info
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #109
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The second book in the Mercy Thompson UF series is on sale for $1.99. This series is fantastic and I highly recommend it.

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Spoiler:
“Kick-ass were-coyote auto mechanic Mercedes Thompson” (Publishers Weekly) has leapt to the forefront of today’s urban fantasy heroes, thanks to bestselling author Patricia Briggs. Now, Mercy finds herself in the middle of a bloodbath—with only one way out...

Mercy has friends in low places—and in dark ones. And now she owes one of them a favor. Since she can shapeshift at will, she agrees to act as some extra muscle when her vampire friend Stefan goes to deliver a message to another of his kind. But this new vampire is hardly ordinary—and neither is the demon inside of him.

When the undead and the werewolves sent to find him don’t return, the local vampire queen turns to Mercy for help. A coyote is no match for a demon, but Mercy is determined to get her friends back—including the two werewolves circling around her heart.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #110
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Anyone know what the deal is with Allromanceebooks.com?

I go to the site and get "We are sorry, this site has been taken off-line"
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2017, 01:34 PM   #111
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282152
It's a nightmare...

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-19-2017, 01:57 PM   #112
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Dang, I had a lot of groupon credit on that site.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #113
worktolive
Guru

Quote:

Uh-oh, you must have been offline when this all blew up over Christmas. If you had any books in their library that you had not downloaded, you will no longer have access to them. However, many publishers (at least the smaller ones) and Indie authors are honoring those purchases and are providing new copies of the books at a free or reduced price as long as you still have your purchase receipt.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #114
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Dang, I had a lot of groupon credit on that site.
I'm sorry. It sucks. It truly does. When authors heard of the closing they pulled their books with no regard to the customer. Customers were left scrambling to spend credit, download books from their library that were no longer there due to authors pulling everything. It was a complete horrible mess.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #115
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
That was a crazy 3 days.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:15 PM   #116
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think the word you're looking for is fuster-cluck.

I'm really hoping that the authors who have been ripped off by ARe are able to pull off a lawsuit against them. Just on principle. Authors should get paid.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #117
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, now I see Harlequin has changed the ebook on sale date of Diablo Lake Protected to Jan 23rd and the on sale date of the paperback and audio book to Jan 1st. We'll see if I can actually download it on the 23rd when I bought it back on the 4th.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #118
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Well, now I see Harlequin has changed the ebook on sale date of Diablo Lake Protected to Jan 23rd and the on sale date of the paperback and audio book to Jan 1st. We'll see if I can actually download it on the 23rd when I bought it back on the 4th.
They sure do seem to have problems with that series. IIRC there have been some setbacks with her new series that they're doing too (the barber shop one).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #119
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, it was something with the covers for the new series and they had to re-shoot them for some reason. That set back the on sale dates.

I've also seen like 3 on sale dates for Diablo Lake Protected. First it was the 1st of Jan, the author's website says the 16th of Jan, and Harlequin says 23rd. I don't know if it's Lauren Dane missing deadlines (didn't she have some health problems a year or so back?) or something else.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #120
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I think what also gets confusing, at least for the category lines, is there is:
  1. a street date for the print version depending upon which line it is
  2. the ebook date (the first of the month)
  3. the fact that the titles go on sale on their website one month early

The MIRA and HQN titles don't release early on their site. Often you have to wait for the first of the next month to buy the digital edition if the book releases in print the last Tuesday of the month.

They are getting better about it, but it's not always a sure thing.

I wish we could do pre-orders from them.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote