Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2023, 01:50 AM   #406
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
OK I borrowed a book from Overdrive. (Don't worry, I delete them once finished. ) I got D:\Temporary\Calibre\temp\calibre_ikubkn1m\b5ko5em 1_add_books\0\[acsmfilename].epub, though the folder doesn't exist when I checked (perhaps deleted right away).
Deleted, for sure, as I guess the plugin create a temporary folder to store the file.... and I'm going with that name as temporary name of the dowloaded file too. I'll try to check the behavior (removing the book ), but I cannot say if it's possible this week.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 11:59 AM   #407
rglrglrgl
rglrglrgl began at the beginning.

Device: Bookfusion
I've noticed that during adding from folders/subfolders, if files have the same name and extension but different parent directories, they will sometimes both have the same parent directory added by this plugin.

It doesn't do this in 100% of instances where this is the case, see attached image where I renamed 16 files to 'testname.extension' and each was a single file in their own folder. Most did not reflect their own parent folders, but a handful did. I'm not sure why some are avoiding this outcome.

Thank you for this helpful plugin .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cali.png
Views:	83
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	203205  
rglrglrgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 02:37 AM   #408
shuvashish76
Enthusiast
shuvashish76 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello, I'd like to request to calculate file hash & assign them to user preferred column feature. Many sites use MD5s to identify files from various sources... With this feature we could easily check duplicates or compare our downloaded files with online sources.

I could use utilities like GtkHash or simply through terminal but that's painful to do in bulk.
shuvashish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:53 AM   #409
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, no. This is totally out of scope for this plugin, that only tries to compile some basic data of the file. And, additionally, I don't know if I would be able to do it (lack of knowledge and time).

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 03-14-2024 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 04:08 PM   #410
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorry, no. This is totally out of scope for this plugin, that only tries to compile some basic data of the file. And, additionally, I don't know if I would be able to do it (lack of knowledge and time).
He's asking for help on eBooks from dodgy sites. He linked one in his first request for this feature as a plugin.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2024, 04:29 PM   #411
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
He's asking for help on eBooks from dodgy sites. He linked one in his first request for this feature as a plugin.
It doesn't matter if books come from dodgy sites or perfectly legit ones, JSWolf. To calculate that information "on the fly", calling to other programs or implementing the algorithm, is something out of my league (both because of my knowledge and, mainly, my lack of time).
Old 03-14-2024, 05:59 PM   #412
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I suggested GetFileName because I thought it might be within scope of the plugin to calculate the file hash upon import. Sorry

In any case, filehash likely not so much useful as many things can change it, DeDRM, polishing in metadata/covers, even opening the book in viewer or editor with the default settings.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-14-2024 at 06:15 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 01:56 AM   #413
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

No need to be sorry, @ownedbycats. Perhaps at other moment I would have looked into it as a way to learn something, but, at this moment, I hardly can do the things I need/want to do, so investing a lot of effort (for me, it would be easy for another people) is a no no. And I agree with you about the lack of real use for this aside of some specific cases.

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin