Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 07:26 AM   #181
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
It seems that changes in the configuration of
Also, what would cause the modified date to be the same as the current date? I noticed this happening on some of the files.
One of the date columns is updated by calibre every time the metadata is modified. If you want to keep the date, you need to save it to a different (new custom?) column.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #182
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
One of the date columns is updated by calibre every time the metadata is modified. If you want to keep the date, you need to save it to a different (new custom?) column.
I think he's talking about "File modified date" column, not standard calibre column for recording a register update.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #183
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I'm not sure what is happening, but I cannot get the dates to show up for anything other than the current date for AZW3, or MOBI. This includes my Kindle Content from Amazon, and converted files.

The date column is the same as I have used before, but now only epubs have the "current" date (which is still off since the epub hasn't been modified since it's creation)

All other columns are good.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #184
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think he's talking about "File modified date" column, not standard calibre column for recording a register update.
What you said.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:18 AM   #185
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not sure what is happening, but I cannot get the dates to show up for anything other than the current date for AZW3, or MOBI. This includes my Kindle Content from Amazon, and converted files.

The date column is the same as I have used before, but now only epubs have the "current" date (which is still off since the epub hasn't been modified since it's creation)

All other columns are good.
I have a question: Do you store the original path or only the file name?
Advert
Old 03-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #186
Rellwood

I store both.

I have different columns for both
Old 03-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #187
Rellwood

@Terisa de morgan

I looked at the zip files for the plugin, and I think the problem with the mobi and azw3 files might lay somewhere in the following line

dict_fmt = {'azw3':'azw','mobi':'azw','cbz':'zip','cbr':'rar' , 'zip':'htm'}

Also, there is another problem in that some of the book file paths lead back to Calibre app data, suggesting that the path is taken after Calibre does whatever their import books plugin does and indicates that as the file location.

There is really no way of predicting when the filepath comes from the Calibre appdata folder, but I do have a bug report that you can look at.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #188
Rellwood

I think that the books that have already been imported through the library previously, and have been collected into the calibre cache are the ones that are showing up from that directory. I am trying to see if I dump the cache and see if it changes anything.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #189
Rellwood

Ok, so I figured out that if I import a RAR file as an archive that contains another bookfile inside it, such as a RAR file to hold an EPUB, then when Calibre "opens" the file, it then it shows the book coming from the temp file where the plugin that opens the RAR comes from. So, importing a RAR that Calibre automatically opens won't show the original file location.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #190
Rellwood

FYI, These problems are dated as starting on feb 26....
Old 03-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #191
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ok, so I figured out that if I import a RAR file as an archive that contains another bookfile inside it, such as a RAR file to hold an EPUB, then when Calibre "opens" the file, it then it shows the book coming from the temp file where the plugin that opens the RAR comes from. So, importing a RAR that Calibre automatically opens won't show the original file location.
It's showing the right directory but not the right file if I have a rar file with an azw file iside).
Old 03-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #192
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@Terisa de morgan

I looked at the zip files for the plugin, and I think the problem with the mobi and azw3 files might lay somewhere in the following line

Also, there is another problem in that some of the book file paths lead back to Calibre app data, suggesting that the path is taken after Calibre does whatever their import books plugin does and indicates that as the file location.

There is really no way of predicting when the filepath comes from the Calibre appdata folder, but I do have a bug report that you can look at.
Do you have a debug log when the file comes from an appdata folder (temp one). Because I cannot reproduce it.

NOTE: Not needed, it happens only for rar/zip files, when the content is added.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 03-05-2017 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Info added
Old 03-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #193
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@Terisa: From that traceback you appear to be creating a new db instance. Dont do that, instead use the db instance passed into the postadd method.
kovid, there is a problem with this approach that I'm not able to understand. I'm updating the config in the database but when I add a file, the postadd method doesn't get the updated configuration but the previous one. How can I update the info both in the database and the memory copy?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:13 PM   #194
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@Terisa de morgan

Not exactly in this poor dictionary It's necessary as calibre transforms that extensions.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #195
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you updating the config. Use the config API rather than executing SQL directly.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibredb, calibredb metadata import, plugin