Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #1
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
New Glo HD, How to rate books?

I've just moved from a Kindle Paperwhite to a Glo HD and while I'm very happy with it, I can't seem to find a way to rate a sideloaded book (kepub format) once I'm finished reading it. Is it possible or is it not a feature of the Kobo software?
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:10 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
I've just moved from a Kindle Paperwhite to a Glo HD and while I'm very happy with it, I can't seem to find a way to rate a sideloaded book (kepub format) once I'm finished reading it. Is it possible or is it not a feature of the Kobo software?
It is no longer possible to rate side-loaded books from the device.

It used to be possible in older firmware versions, but once they started syncing the ratings for display on the website and in the device bookshop they restricted the ratings to books purchased and synced from Kobo.

Edit: But I should add: If you have your books stored in Calibre, then it is possible to have the Calibre rating appear on the device in the book's synopsis. I don't use this feature myself, but someone else will be able to provide details if you are interested in doing that.

Edit2: The feature is part of davidfor's KoboUtilities plugin, you can read more in the KoboUtilities thread and there is a nice screenshot that demonstrates how the rating can look.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-27-2016 at 07:31 AM. Reason: KoboUtilities
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Ah I guess that makes sense from their perspective, I'll just have to remember what I'd rate it and enter it in Calibre myself.

Thanks GeoffR!
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote