Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
exkitteh
exkitteh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 & PW, Ipad Mini,
Comic Book Problem (Long Shot)

As the title suggest this is probably a long shot, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

I use Calibre to organize my comic book collection and read them on my iPad. I use an app called eBook Search which hooks into Calibre's catalogue (as long as my PC is on of course) and I can download comics/books etc from there to my iPad (yay no wires!).

Now, the problem is, and it's a really small (but annoying) problem is that when I download a book and it opens (imports it) into my comic book reader app (Comic Zeal) from the ebook search app, the titles for some reason get changed to a long string of numbers. (*This does not happen with normal books that get opened in Kindle/ibooks app.)

Calibre and the eBook Search app displays the titles of the books fine, just not Comic Zeal.

I was wondering if anyone would know why it would do this and also if there was a way to fix it? Or if anyone could recommend another comic book reader app (as good as Comic Zeal) that wouldn't do this.

Thanks in advance!
exkitteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Comic Book formats typically dont have support metadata. The only exception is the cbz format, which stores metadata in the zip comment field. So make sure your comics are in cbz format and make sure your comic book reader app supports the metadata in CBZ, as described here: https://code.google.com/p/comicbookinfo/
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, comic books, importing, ipad