Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Annoying problem with JBL

My JBL has developed an annoying habit which has increased in frequency lately. It works fine when it is up and running, but very often, upon being turned on, it displays the main menu screen instead of the the last page I was reading, and it is completely locked up. It won't respond to any buttons, including the power button. The only fix is to pull the batteries or use the reset button. Then I have to navigate back to the book I was reading. All bookmarks are gone. This is with books on my SD card (epub, both unlocked and DRMed). Any suggestions?

CF
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Assuming no other factor, like a change in firmware, when a device has a problem that
gets worse over time, a failing component is suspect. If the device is still in its
warranty period, it might be best to contact Ectaco.

Another possibility would be some developing memory corruption. For that you could try
reformatting the internal memory with the repair options set. You could also try
restoring the factory settings, using the Diagnostic Screen.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. I will play around with it a bit, then contact Ectaco if I can't fix it. I'm not having this problem with TXT files loaded on the internal memory, so it may be an EPUB problem or an SD card problem.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
demingite
Connoisseur

Tracking down problem with some EPUB books

I played around with the problem. I started by moving the book from the memory card to the internal memory, and then running the JBL without the SD card inserted, in case it was a problem with the card, but I still had the same issue. I noted that I did not see this problem at all with TXT books, and occasionally with another EPUB book. I then converted the problem book to another format, and the problem went away. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar issue. The book in question was an EPUB from Project Gutenberg.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Using calibre convert epub to epub, and use the flatten epub file structure--under epub output. Please let us known if this works.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
demingite
Connoisseur

Thanks Bernie, I will try that this weekend.