Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-29-2023, 04:44 PM   #451
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmeyer0 View Post
Thanks, I missed that post
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 04:20 PM   #452
andregaliza
andregaliza began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4.1
Smile clarification of the modifications kindle collections proposed by demeyer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by andregaliza View Post
It works great on calibre version 6.14.1 on windows 10 and with a kindle 4.1.

For newbies (like me) these are the steps I had to follow:
1-previously uninstall the kindle collections plugin from calibre(did not work).
2-download the original plugin from the forum (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=244202)
3-Open (do not extract) the downloaded kindle Collections.zip file with the 7-zip program and then edit the utilities.py file, as indicated by dmeyer0.

4-Save the edited file and then close 7-zip.
5- Start calibre and install the kindle Collections.zip that we have modified. And voila, it works perfectly.

edit the utilities.py file, as indicated by dmeyer0 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...72#post4269772)

changes to utilities.py:

where it references
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.UserType
change that to
QtGui.QTableWidgetItem.ItemType.UserType

and where it references
Qt.ItemFlags
change that to
Qt.ItemFlag

Save the edited file and then close 7-zip.
andregaliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 01:40 AM   #453
sepsus
sepsus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hello to the forum,
I'm new here and found the platform because I finally want to treat my somewhat older but still new-looking Kindle PW to collections on the Mac.
I'll admit it was a bit of a challenge to get used to everything on the forums, probably due to the age of the PW, but I downgraded the kindle, doing the jailbrak and am now in the process of creating collections from the tags.
I also rewrote the caliber plugin so that the error message doesn't come up anymore, but.....
Collections are created, these are also sent to the Kindle and I am told to update collections (from caliber plugin.json) in LibrarianSync to load changes.

i can start the Kual Window, it is no Popup like discribbed, but when i check the Menupoint, nothing happens.

All books are outside of the collections that were created, the menu item - Collections - on the Kindle are grayed out and I can't create any on the Kindle either.
What am I not understanding or what am I doing wrong?
I know the Kindle is a bit older, but I would still like to get it done because I've put so much time into it, now I want to know too ;-)

Thanks in advance for advice and support.

Achso, I also brought the firmware back up to date, but that didn't help either, it's now at 5.6.1.1
sepsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 11:45 AM   #454
Glueckstiger
Glueckstiger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo 2.5.2
Hi,
I jailbroke my PW5 and installed LibrarianSync on it and Kindle Collections on Calibre on my macbook.
After creating a collection.json (which i can see on /mnt/us/system) i press "Rebuild collections (calibre plugin)", but I only see the message at the bottom "Rebuilding collections (from calibre)..." How long should this take? Even after several minutes and pressing the "/" button i cannot see the new collections.
Glueckstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 12:46 PM   #455
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The plugin hasn't been updated to support the PW5, IIRC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 09:37 AM   #456
MarkFalk
MarkFalk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.7.3
Books with no file ....

Meanwhile I have a very lot of entries called "book with no file ..." etc. As far as I understand this is the result of deleting books manually in my kindle (kindle 4) and not using Calibre/Kindle Collections.
So far, so bad. But how can I easily remove this entries? I suppose that deleting every "book with no file"-entry in every collection could help/solve the problem, but I have a lot of collections and a very lot of thos entries. Isn´t there a easy way, some kind of gobal deleting all this entries?
MarkFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:34 AM   #457
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The plugin hasn't been updated to support the PW5, IIRC.
I have the same issue of OP (and I have PW5), but it is not really an issue: what is missing on PW5 is the status message that tells you how much time it took to update/rebuild collections - which is usually a matter of seconds - but if you click on KUAL buttons after a while you will see that it is responsive, and the collections are indeed created.

So if you ever decide to update it, there is not much to work, at least you do not need to change the hardcore part, only what triggers the final status message. But that is for the LibrarianSync plugin, I'm not sure you're managing it.

That said, there is another feature I'd like to request and I think this is for the Calibre plugin: I have noticed that the newly created collections (didn't test for the updated ones) are automatically marked as favourites.
I would like this to stop, if it possible, or better yet it would be nice an option to choose whether do it or not.

The reason I ask is because in the latest firmwares there is an option to show ALL collections together with books, never show them, or show only the ones you mark as favourites. At the moment latter options equals the first one unless you manually remove the "favourite" flag. Thanks!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 11:05 AM   #458
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Just tested it with python3 (set it in the first line instead of python2.7) from the commandl ine. It works without problems, but prints the following warnings:
Code:
[FBInk] Unidentified Kindle device 1LG (0x690) [G001LG]!
[FBInk] [refresh_kindle] MXCFB_SEND_UPDATE: Interrupted system call!
[FBInk] [fbink_print] Failed to refresh the screen!
[Strangely, if I use e.g., "fbink -x 1 -y 10 "Hello World!"" then the string is printed without problems.]

The collections are successfully deleted (with --delete) and rebuilt (with --rebuild-calibre), only printing doesn't seem to work.

I assume that a new build of the python libraries should do the trick (since fbink can print without problems).

Can I do this? Is there a tutorial to create the needed environment?

Cheers, Joachim
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:07 PM   #459
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumann View Post
I assume that a new build of the python libraries should do the trick (since fbink can print without problems).
Yup. That's currently blocked by me having to update the TCs then update and rebuild all the things.

(I hotpatched an updated fbink *CLI* binary in *some* of the packages because of the new JB, which explains why the CLI works).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 03:44 AM   #460
bigwoof
Connoisseur
bigwoof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 32G
It all seems to work on a new PW5 btw. the important bit is installing the python package or it will just keep failing *silently*... I posted the steps I did to get it working here

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=566

Last edited by bigwoof; 12-19-2023 at 03:56 AM.
bigwoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 11:48 PM   #461
coolioniki
coolioniki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Calibre library gives me the 'collections saved to the kindle message,' and then I am using librarian sync -> update collections (calibre plugin), and it gives me the updating collections message and then the time taken when completed on my kindle, but when I go to my library there are no collections at all (if i go to filters, collections under view options is greyed out). i am also unable to create new collections (as it is greyed out in the three dot menu). wanted to ask if i'm missing a step somewhere, as everything seems to be working right except for the collections actually being created on the kindle?
coolioniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 12:11 AM   #462
coolioniki
coolioniki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolioniki View Post
Calibre library gives me the 'collections saved to the kindle message,' and then I am using librarian sync -> update collections (calibre plugin), and it gives me the updating collections message and then the time taken when completed on my kindle, but when I go to my library there are no collections at all (if i go to filters, collections under view options is greyed out). i am also unable to create new collections (as it is greyed out in the three dot menu). wanted to ask if i'm missing a step somewhere, as everything seems to be working right except for the collections actually being created on the kindle?
edit: registered my kindle and it all works now. didn't realise i could register with jailbreak lol.
coolioniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 04:13 AM   #463
Luafins
Luafins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Gen
Unhappy ERROR: Unhandled Exception

When I'm trying to edit the collections manually this error shows up. How do I fix it?

calibre, version 7.5.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'

calibre 7.5.1 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 333, in collection_combo_index_changed
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 406, in refresh_table
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 530, in populate_table
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 554, in populate_table_row
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.utilities" , line 247, in __init__
AttributeError: type object 'Qt' has no attribute 'ItemFlags'
Luafins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:43 AM   #464
dmeyer0
dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.dmeyer0 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle
This is due to changes between Qt5 and Qt6. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...72#post4269772 for how I fixed it.
dmeyer0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle