Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-31-2023, 05:50 AM   #496
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Try
Code:
\b\w+\b
and select "Text" checkbox.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	try_this.png
Views:	51
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	199363  
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:12 AM   #497
philm
philm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
Try
Code:
\b\w+\b
and select "Text" checkbox.
Ooh, thank you!
Unfortunately, I'm using 1.9.2 (march 2022) because it's the latest published Ubuntu version according to my repo.

1.9.20 doesn't install. That's the problem with automatic build, it's not tested.

"Text" doesn't exist in my time machine

Last edited by philm; 01-31-2023 at 06:22 AM.
philm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 06:46 AM   #498
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by philm View Post
Thank you again! Unfortunately, I don't know how to add Beautiful Soup to make a Sigil plugin, and reports doesn't count in a selection (spot every 280th)
The plugin code was included in my post. You'll need to click the Show button to see it. (Sigil comes with BeautifulSoup.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:18 AM   #499
philm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You'll need to click the Show button to see it.
Ha! I didn't notice the spoiler button
So it runs but doesn't set the cursor at the position in the code.

Additionally, I need to count to 280, start from a location near it (end of previous phrase), to count 280 again. Why 280? https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...per+page+novel -> images

Last edited by philm; 01-31-2023 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:05 AM   #500
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by philm View Post
Additionally, I need to count to 280, start from a location near it (end of previous phrase), to count 280 again. Why 280? https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...per+page+novel -> images
Maybe all you need is the Calibre Count Pages plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:37 AM   #501
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Find and Replace now has a Text only flag to limit results to text not tags. So mark things in CodeEditor then run count of word regular expressions with the Text only flag set.

Given all e-readers have different page sizes unless you are exactly duplicating existing page breaks that exist in a specified print edition, why is this needed?

Most good e-readers create their own percentage of chapter read based on heuristics but they differ across e-readers and do not require marking individual page boundaries.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-31-2023 at 08:47 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:48 AM   #502
philm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Find and Replace now has a Text only flag to limit results to text not tags. So mark thinks in CodeEditor then run count of word regular expressions with the Text only flag set.
See above. I cannot install 1.9.20 on Ubuntu 22.04
"Rejected child (process)." sob
Error code is cryptic enough to make you cry and search for regex.

I'll be glad to update when build will work (after tests).
Old 01-31-2023, 08:58 AM   #503
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can build Sigil out of the box on Ubuntu. Have you tried building your own using our Linux build docs?

The child process error from Eddy is common according to a google search. If Ubuntu 22.04 is LTS why are they not updating Sigil? Where is the actual Sigil build issue on that platform?

Update: Found this which means Sigil-1.9.20 is progressing okay.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sigil/+changelog

Last edited by KevinH; 01-31-2023 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:22 AM   #504
philm

Quote:
You can build Sigil out of the box on Ubuntu. Have you tried building your own using our Linux build docs?
Sorry, nothing personal here, I just need to say it because it happens too often:
- When will be the time to ask USERS to build on Windows, like for Linux USERS? Or are we second zone citizens?
- Building on Linux: it usually crashes in an impossible to read log, simply because Linux UX sucks.
- Deb packages are thrown-built but not tested, what's the point? Linux supply chain sucks.
- On Linux, error messages are just ... What "code 100" is supposed to mean? AFAIK, nobody provided a manual with error codes so why short codes with numbers? is it a dishwasher?

To me, everything is exactly in place to push people to use Windows, which also suck, like Mac (I had many, from 1994 PowerMac to Macbooks, then decided to switch).

Ok, I'll give a try to build it.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:40 AM   #505
philm

Hopefully the Linux doc at https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...ng_on_Linux.md is well documented for Ubuntu.
It built at first try.
So now, "text" I have.

I'll build PageEdit, maybe there are HTML tables now
Old 01-31-2023, 09:44 AM   #506
KevinH
Sigil Developer

We actually have many users who build their own on Windows and macOS as well as many flavours of Linux.

Building your own is how we make release builds for everyone on Windows and macOS.

Unfortunately the Linux distributions can not agree on updates, package formats, installers or even cross distribution things like FlatPack, AppImage, etc. So there is no one build we could release.

There is an up to date Sigil version on Flatpack but because the app itself is sandboxed, the sandboxed limits/prevents many OpenWith third party apps from being used with Sigil.

And AppImage requires the full app to be relocatable on Linux which is easier said than done given how distributions have shared locations.

So when Linux people actually stop fighting at distribution levels and start working toward a true common platform and gui, all of this goes away. So do not blame us, blame Linux for its lack of vision and inability to work toward a common goal. Neither Windows or Mac suffer from that.

Luckily many distributions do keep up to date versions of Sigil:

See:
https://repology.org/project/sigil/versions

And some like Fedora are so horribly behind and so are worthless.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-31-2023 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:05 AM   #507
philm

I didn't blame you, I agree with you, some linux devs are to blame for this.

Actually I tried the debian 12 from the same link as yours, it doesn't work on ubuntu 22.04. I guess it's about another fight about some library between Debian and Ubuntu.

Mac, you just have to pay each time they decide to "improve" something: CPU (Apple->Intel->ARM), connectivity (nubus->USB->firewire) or simply new OS "it's free to upgrade yeah ... but you need a new Mac".
Windows, you just have to forget about your data, privacy and welcome bloatware. "Oh, you want to remove Cortana? Good luck. BTW MSN News will be re-installed at next updated. Do you like this picture?"
Old 01-31-2023, 10:06 AM   #508
philm

Ok, now I have 2 PageEdit: 1.7.0 when opened from Sigil and 1.9.20 when opened from OS.
How would I replace 1.7.0 with 1.9.20?
Old 01-31-2023, 10:18 AM   #509
KevinH
Sigil Developer

See Sigil Preference to set the XEditor path to point to the newer version of PageEdit.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:31 AM   #510
philm

Smile

Quote:
See Sigil Preference to set the XEditor path to point to the newer version of PageEdit.
Thank you very much! It works well.

I apologize if you feel I blame you or Sigil.