Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
Calibre not saving downloaded covers

I have noticed when copying books to my Glo or Mini that on some books the first page inside the book is shown as the cover.

When I have imported the book into calibre and downloaded a cover via edit metadata, even after saving the file it is still not showing as the cover on the book.

How do I change calibre's settings so that it will do this for me.

I am using f/w 2.51

Thanks
Nascarfan1972
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
There are two ways that I know of to put that metadata cover on the front page where it needs to be : either do an epub->epub conversion with Calibre, or use the new Polish Books feature.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
You need to reconvert the book to write the new cover to the epub. Do a conversion: epub to epub (with all settings off if you're happy with the book). The original file is left in Calibre so you can revert or reconvert if you wish.

Alternatively, use the Modify Epub plug in.

Hope this helps.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #4
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarfan1972 View Post
I have noticed when copying books to my Glo or Mini that on some books the first page inside the book is shown as the cover.

When I have imported the book into calibre and downloaded a cover via edit metadata, even after saving the file it is still not showing as the cover on the book.

How do I change calibre's settings so that it will do this for me.
An alternative to changing the first page of the book to display the new cover, is to configure the KoboTouch device plugin to upload covers. This will cause the device to use the cover shown in Calibre instead of the first page of the book, which gives better results if the cover does not have a 3:4 aspect ratio.

Last edited by GeoffR; 05-04-2013 at 08:29 AM. Reason: An alternative to...
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote