Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-18-2021, 06:57 PM   #1
VLMin
VLMin began at the beginning.

Device: Windows
Add back books from prior Calibre installation

The forum software just blew away my first attempt at this post; hopefully, this one will go through.

We bought a new computer, installed the current version of Calibre, selected a folder to use for our Calibre books, and copied all the book files from the old computer into the new folder on the new computer. But none of the old books shows up in Calibre.

We tried adding a book. Calibre led us inside the book's folder (which is as created by Calibre on the old system), so we added the epub and PDF versions separately. Now, these appear as two seemingly unrelated entries in Calibre. On the old system, these appeared as a single entry with two formats indicated on the right-hand side of the screen.

How can we restore our Calibre library so that each book appears once, with multiple formats (typically epub and PDF) indicated on the side?

Thank you.

EDIT: We tried merging metadata, but that does not appear to lead where we wish to go.

Last edited by VLMin; 04-18-2021 at 06:59 PM. Reason: One more thing …
VLMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:41 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
restore books