Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Rlegrand
Rlegrand began at the beginning.

Device: CybookGen3
Question Cybook Gen3 lost firmware

Hi, everybody,

Recently, for an error of mine I formated my Cybook Gen3 and it lost its firmware.

Now, when I try to boot it again, just a squared pattern screen appears. I asked Bookeen how to fix it and they said just that: "Format it and install the firmware", which I did lots of times with their last firmware (1.6 w/ Mobipocket DRM, as 2.1 w/ Adobe DRM always crashed even when the device was working good). It does start the installation and goes on, but by the end the squared pattern screen comes back and it crashes there, so I have to push the reset button.

The only thing that still works well is it shows up via USB interface at Windows Explorer.

Wrote again to Bookeen and no response (As I've seen here, that's commonplace). Anybody have a solution?
Rlegrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Run a check on both you ds card and and cybook memory. Format them both. And try again. Try with an other sd card if you can.

If that still won't work, mail bookeen again.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
I found that contacting Bookeen through their Facebook page works better than emailing them direct. If you write your problem on their wall, it's there for all to see, and they answer pretty quickly.

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
rlegrand

Welcome to mobileread; have you solved your little problem, yet?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:17 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
I found that contacting Bookeen through their Facebook page works better than emailing them direct. If you write your problem on their wall, it's there for all to see, and they answer pretty quickly.

--JanG.
They answer quickly to mails too
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There used to be a formatting version of the firmware, and I read somewhere that the old 796 build is still floating around as a formatting version. You might try to get a hold of that, install, and then re-update.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
If you have the checkboard, you need to ask them for the system folder by insisting that you have a 200Mhz model. They need a special file that is no longuer present on 400Mhz models.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote