Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Impressed by Kobo

I recently had the opportunity to see a Kobo Reader being used by a fellow train traveller yesterday morning and found it a very nice little device.
It sort of reminded me of a PRS-500 with improved BIOS and display like that of a PRS-600 (sans touch).
Should Kobo release a version with touch? It's impressive menu structure seems to cry out for it, and the fair owner of the Kobo Reader expressed a burning desire to touch the screen to open books. (Megan, wherever you are, hope you're finding lots of nice free books here on MobileRead! Don't be afraid to say hello!)
Comparing it to the PRS-600 on the train, the touch display made the 600 display appear noticeably waxy but there seemed to be few differences in that sense - however the fast page switching seemed to be missing in the Kobo.
The Kobo surprisingly does not seem to come with a cover of any sort. The poor girl was forced to wrap it in cloth! I feared for the safety of her Kobo! (She said she was making her own cover.)
Oh, and the free book content seemed good - however I didn't get to check for the quality issues reported elsewhere!
All in all, it still seemed like a good bargain for $AUS200.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:41 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
It's definitely a bargain... I just bought one, just because I could...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
Psi-Theory
Psi-Theory began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Agreed, I love my Kobo! I've had it for a week now and already read a few books on it, I was worried at first because of the ePub font-size issue, but that was fixed with a quick Google search.

Definitely a lot easier on the eyes to read from instead of my iPhone.
Psi-Theory is offline   Reply With Quote