Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #27586
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
My new cup today is this Zojirushi travel mug. Somebody on here recommended it (Charlie, maybe?), and I love it. It keeps my coffee HOT.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #27587
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Second mug of tea. Shovelling the new ice/sleet/snow that fell last night is going laughably slowly. It's remarkably heavy, so I'm just "nibbling" into it, a couple inches per shovel. And taking a break every few feet.

Besides, the pavement I clear today will freeze tonight, and then there's more snow in the forecast.

Fortunately, I have more tea to fortify myself.
Maybe you should pour hot tea on the ice?
[I used to live in Ohio near Lake Erie ... so I know the type of snow/ice hell you're experiencing]

Gazing longingly at the Laphroaig bottle ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #27588
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Going "extra innings" on the tea! Having a fifth mug.

Thanks for the sympathy, poohbear_nc! The driveway is about two thirds done. The most treacherous aspect is that the driveway has a steep slope up to the street. With this heavy snow/slush I'm leaving a thin, invisible, but very slick layer in some spots. So, my biggest hazard is the potential for slipping, falling on my butt, and sliding unceremoniously into my garage.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #27589
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Going "extra innings" on the tea! Having a fifth mug.

Thanks for the sympathy, poohbear_nc! The driveway is about two thirds done. The most treacherous aspect is that the driveway has a steep slope up to the street. With this heavy snow/slush I'm leaving a thin, invisible, but very slick layer in some spots. So, my biggest hazard is the potential for slipping, falling on my butt, and sliding unceremoniously into my garage.
Kitty litter! Spread some ordinary kitty litter on your cleared areas - for traction!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM   #27590
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Kitty litter! Spread some ordinary kitty litter on your cleared areas - for traction!
Clean! Clean kitty litter.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #27591
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came ?
Down in the hollow
Playing a new game,
Laughing and a-running, hey, hey,
Skipping and a-jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our, our hearts a-thumping
And you, my brown-eyed girl,
You, my brown-eyed girl.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Jylprbkk0 )

Good morning, everyone! No, no rain here... Not for another two months anyway, but the song was on my mind as I was waking up! Got a late start this morning and the sun was already up over the mountain. Too bad. I like watching it rise. But I have a mug of "P.G. Tips" tea to make up for it. That brings a smile to my lips (as well as tea.) Restful day ahead... no chores to do, no promises to keep. My biggest goal today is to find a tube of anchovy paste so I can make a tapanade tonight. Some reading, some music, some walking, good eating... I think I'm going to enjoy today!

Stitchawl
Old 02-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #27592
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Clean! Clean kitty litter.

Stitchawl
Yeah. I am kinda cheap, that way.

Actually, I think I have a bag of sand. Not as good as kitty litter, but it should help.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #27593
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Yeah. I am kinda cheap, that way.

Actually, I think I have a bag of sand. Not as good as kitty litter, but it should help.
When I used to heat my house with a wood stove, I never threw away the ashes. I always kept a big box of it in the back of my car, and used it to get me out of stuck spots in town. In the countryside, I'd use a couple of strips of chickenwire.

Stitchawl
Old 02-05-2014, 11:26 PM   #27594
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
My new cup today is this Zojirushi travel mug. Somebody on here recommended it (Charlie, maybe?), and I love it. It keeps my coffee HOT.
I think it may have been Prof Crash, or maybe even the long lost astra
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:05 AM   #27595
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think it may have been Prof Crash, or maybe even the long lost astra
Did anybody ever find out what happened to astra?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #27596
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Did anybody ever find out what happened to astra?
Life happened. He just got too busy and realized just how much time he was spending here. His plan was to just cut back, but I guess he simply got out of the habit of posting. We had several e-mail conversations about it, but I think he just found other interests.

Stitchawl
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #27597
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I miss many of our lost friends. astra turned me on to Pu Erh's and Chinese black teas so he is high on my list of people I wish we heard from.

Working on a sencha right now.

So the Little Man is growing, changing, maturing quite nicely. He is getting his incisors in which means that last night was a bad sleep night. He went down fine but woke up a few hours later crying. I went to rock him after 30 minutes of crying. He fell asleep, I stood up to put him in his crib, he opened his eyes and went "NO", we sat back down on the glider, and he gave me a kiss on my mouth.

30 minutes later he is asleep. Dead weight in my arms, snoring asleep. I put him in his crib. As his head touches the pillow I get a "NO" and he sits up. "No, no no, no" pouty face. Back to the glider (yes I am a softie in this area). Second kiss. Mom gets him some baby tylenol for the teeth.

Thirty minutes later he is asleep and stays asleep when I put him down.

12:30, LM wakes up crying. 1:30 AM I go get him and bring him into our bed. I need sleep and know that the rocking thing isn't going to work. 4 AM I wake up, LM is sleeping. I slide out of bed, walk to his room. As a cross into his room I feel a wiggle and get a whispered "no". Back to bed. At 4:30, I put him in his crib. He is tired enough that he cries for 10 minutes and falls asleep in the crib.

He has been using No for over a month now, this is the first time he has used it when it comes to not getting to cuddle with Mom and going to bed.

It really was cute and I loved the little kisses. But I think Tylenol is going to come into play earlier tonight.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM   #27598
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Life happened. He just got too busy and realized just how much time he was spending here. His plan was to just cut back, but I guess he simply got out of the habit of posting. We had several e-mail conversations about it, but I think he just found other interests.

Stitchawl
That's a shame. He was a nice guy. Probably still is, come to think about it!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:32 AM   #27599
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I miss many of our lost friends. astra turned me on to Pu Erh's and Chinese black teas so he is high on my list of people I wish we heard from.

Working on a sencha right now.

So the Little Man is growing, changing, maturing quite nicely. He is getting his incisors in which means that last night was a bad sleep night. He went down fine but woke up a few hours later crying. I went to rock him after 30 minutes of crying. He fell asleep, I stood up to put him in his crib, he opened his eyes and went "NO", we sat back down on the glider, and he gave me a kiss on my mouth.

30 minutes later he is asleep. Dead weight in my arms, snoring asleep. I put him in his crib. As his head touches the pillow I get a "NO" and he sits up. "No, no no, no" pouty face. Back to the glider (yes I am a softie in this area). Second kiss. Mom gets him some baby tylenol for the teeth.

Thirty minutes later he is asleep and stays asleep when I put him down.

12:30, LM wakes up crying. 1:30 AM I go get him and bring him into our bed. I need sleep and know that the rocking thing isn't going to work. 4 AM I wake up, LM is sleeping. I slide out of bed, walk to his room. As a cross into his room I feel a wiggle and get a whispered "no". Back to bed. At 4:30, I put him in his crib. He is tired enough that he cries for 10 minutes and falls asleep in the crib.

He has been using No for over a month now, this is the first time he has used it when it comes to not getting to cuddle with Mom and going to bed.

It really was cute and I loved the little kisses. But I think Tylenol is going to come into play earlier tonight.
I was a soldier when my first one was born, I learned early on due to selfishness if nothing else that co-sleeping was a GOOD thing! never regret it and had fantastic sleepers!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #27600
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I prefer him sleeping in his crib but I don't sleep if he is crying so after 11 PM he comes into the bed if he is crying for a period of time. It normally happens once or twice a month. Right now his incisors are coming in so I suspect he might spend Saturday and Sunday in bed with us.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?