Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
I am THRILLED with Amazon Customer Service.

Okay, so my story is not quite the 'Customer Service screwed me over' sad-sob story. I don't care.

I've been looking to 'upgrade' from my Cybooks for some time now. Why? Because the promised firmware updates are over one year past due and there's no real sign that the delivery *WON'T* slip to two or more years late.

I've been kind of intrigued with the Nook, but I have so much invested in mobi/prc format that I really thought I'd rather have a Kindle.

Naturally, if I were going to buy new, I'd buy straight from Amazon, but I'm a veteran of eBay and I've been keeping my eyes open for a decent used K2. Two weeks ago, to my surprise, one was listed with a broken screen. So I bid - and ended up getting it for $38!

Now I assumed that it was out-of-warranty and that I'd be shelling out for a replacement screen. That was not the case! It turned out that there were four months left on the original warranty according to Customer Service when I called them yesterday. Today, my FREE replacement arrived!

That's right, I now have a working K2 for a total investment of $38!

Amazon Customer Service, I LUV YA!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sweet... was it is cracked screen.... ?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Good for you! Congratulations!

I do wonder why the seller didn't get the replacement themselves.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sweet... was it is cracked screen.... ?

BOb
Yep. It was a cracked screen.

Derek
Old 11-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Good for you! Congratulations!

I do wonder why the seller didn't get the replacement themselves.
I don't know. But their loss is my happiness.

Derek
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
angelbleu
Enthusiast
angelbleu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Bold
Wow, that's a fantastic deal! Congratulations!

Now I'll need to troll around eBay looking for broken Kindles... but lacking the impressive eBay-foo that you apparently possess, I doubt I'll have much success :P
angelbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
So far, all my experiences with Amazon customer service have been positive. There's a lot of companies I can't say that about.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
I received my new Kindle International a few weeks ago in Mexico. Something went wrong with it, and it wouldn't boot (just gave an error message). I called customer service, they were very professional and polite. I had my new Kindle in three days (in Mexico), and they paid the shipping both ways. Very impressed.
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Given their record of replacement, Kindles must be very cheap products then. Obviously the money is on the downloads. I guess I have probably spent around half the cost of the kindle in downloading books - crikeys, I have only had it for 4 weeks!!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote