Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
mobilereadume
mobilereadume began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Can I export kindle books from iphone?

Hello, I have iphone and installed kindle for iphone, then purchased few books through iphone recently.

But, kindle for iphone appri does not have search option and I just want to read kindle books on my laptop too.

So, I've been trying to find the way to export kindle books from iphone to laptop, then convert it to pdf file or some other kindle e-book reader formats, but no luck yet.

Does anyone can know the way to do it?

Thank you for reading!
mobilereadume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
IIRC you need to jailbreak the phone to do it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
yes. you do need to jailbreak your iPhone to experience all of these endless possibilities!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You don't hve to jailbreak (unless yo want to), see Finally cracked it: Sample books without Whispernet.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #5
mobilereadume

thank you for the info!

I will try it, and see how it will work!

for the people who have same inrestests with me,
this page might help.
http://www.jcummings.net/?p=308

thank you everyone!
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #6
mobilereadume

Thank you for the info everyone!
I will try to jailbreak and see how it will work!

>>wallcraft

thanks for the interesting info.
I read the thread all, but it seems the thread is about how to view sample or kindle books on iphone. I assume it does not mention how to extract kindle books from iphone to computer?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilereadume View Post
Thank you for the info everyone!
I will try to jailbreak and see how it will work!

>>wallcraft

thanks for the interesting info.
I read the thread all, but it seems the thread is about how to view sample or kindle books on iphone. I assume it does not mention how to extract kindle books from iphone to computer?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks
It mentions two ways to extract them: iPhone Backup Extractor (in the PC) and "Pod to Cast". Navigating in the last one I've found iPhone explorer. I suppose it will work, I don't know.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #8
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
I have a jailbroken iPod Touch and I use iPhone Browser to browse to the Kindle ebook folder. I do this to put books on rather than take them off but obviously it works both ways. If you plan on converting your books to a different format, I assume you're already familiar with removing DRM. You'll need your iPhone's pid, though.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #9
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlobee View Post
yes. you do need to jailbreak your iPhone to experience all of these endless possibilities!
You don't need to jailbreak..

Backup the iphone with Itunes, then use Iphone Bkacup Extractor"

http://www.reincubate.com/labs/iphon...e/3_wizard.png

You will be able to extract the prc files to your desktop. After that you have to use [PROGRAM THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED] to remove the DRM.

Cheers
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:45 AM   #10
mobilereadume

Thank you everyone

I could extract kindle format from my iphone without jailbreaking.
I used iphone backup extractor, it worked well.

unfortunately, iPhone explorer did not work for me.

Now, I must work on removing drm.

thanks
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 AM   #11
mobilereadume

I installed python and other tools to remove drm from kindle format.
but, I still can't tell how to find PID number of kindle for iphone..

Maybe I should jailbreak my iphone finally to grab PID from my iphone?
Old 08-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #12
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Here goes:
1. Fire up iTunes and get your iPhone connected to your laptop/netbook/pc
2. Click on your Device in iTunes. This will bring your device menu.
3. in the iPhone Menu, there's the SERIAL NUMBER. click on that, then the number changed intu UDID (Identifier). Type/COPY the long UDID
4. Go to your python folder, type "kindlepid.py your_UDID"
5. the resulting 10 characters is your iPhone PID, which is tied to your purchased .prc.

Cheers
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #13
cynoclast
Enthusiast
cynoclast began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia N810 (FBReader), iPhone 3GS (Stanza/Kindle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
You don't need to jailbreak..

Backup the iphone with Itunes, then use Iphone Bkacup Extractor"

http://www.reincubate.com/labs/iphon...e/3_wizard.png

You will be able to extract the prc files to your desktop. After that you have to use [PROGRAM THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED] to remove the DRM.

Cheers
Didn't work for me.

No where in the list of selected files to restore did I find anything remotely resembling an ebook or ebook library.

Also, that is one of the most irritating pieces of nagware I've ever used. Shame on the author.

Anybody else have any luck with this on an iPhone 3GS running 3.0.1? I really don't like Amazon's kindle reader. It's a very primitive reader and I'd rather convert the books I bought to something Stanza can read.

Last edited by cynoclast; 08-29-2009 at 04:19 PM.
cynoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #14
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
Does anyone know of some software that can be used with Mac OS X 10.4?

Pod to Mac and iPhone Backup Extractor don't work with Mac OS X 10.4 and I cannot seem to find anything on google.

Thanks for any help!
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #15
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynoclast View Post
Didn't work for me.

No where in the list of selected files to restore did I find anything remotely resembling an ebook or ebook library.

Also, that is one of the most irritating pieces of nagware I've ever used. Shame on the author.

Anybody else have any luck with this on an iPhone 3GS running 3.0.1? I really don't like Amazon's kindle reader. It's a very primitive reader and I'd rather convert the books I bought to something Stanza can read.
This directory in backupextractor:

If your book is TOPAZ format, the decripting will fail with "invalid format" or some such. All you need to copy are the "PRC" files.

The free version allows you to copy only one book at a time, annoying, but if you can't live with that, buy the application.

Cheers
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote