Notices

Old 07-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #1
Axelos
Axelos
Axelos began at the beginning.

Device: MDA Touch
User / Password every 5 Min.

Hi,

Is there a reason why i have to enter my Username and Password more or less every 5 min. again into mobilread or is it a bug
Axelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelos View Post
Hi,

Is there a reason why i have to enter my Username and Password more or less every 5 min. again into mobilread or is it a bug
I had the same problem until I checked the dialog box to "remember this password" You might want to try that
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
And make sure your brower has cookies enabled.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
MonkeyKnits57
MonkeyKnits57 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
i have the same problem, and I have checked the box, and I DO have cookies enabled. It's very annoying. If anybody has a solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks
MonkeyKnits57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyKnits57 View Post
i have the same problem, and I have checked the box, and I DO have cookies enabled. It's very annoying. If anybody has a solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks
What browser, platforms and such are you using? What about tool bars or add-ins. Something may be clearing the authentication cookie without you knowing it. It is just "trying to help".

Are you using a proxy server?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
MonkeyKnits57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What browser, platforms and such are you using? What about tool bars or add-ins. Something may be clearing the authentication cookie without you knowing it. It is just "trying to help".

Are you using a proxy server?

BOb
Mozilla FireFox browser ver. 2.0.0.16, Vista (ugh), no proxy server. I have the the google toolbar, and AVG is my virus scan. TIA.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Mozilla FireFox browser ver. 2.0.0.16, Vista (ugh), no proxy server. I have the the google toolbar, and AVG is my virus scan. TIA.
Does the google toolbar have some type of cookie blocker or remover? What about Firefox? What add-ons are you running?

Do you have this problem if you run IE?

BOb
Old 08-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #8
MonkeyKnits57

the google toolbar just lets you search your computer as well as the internet, and gives you a search window when you press the ctrl key twice. I have never had it cause a problem before. i blame vista. it's is evil. It is junk. i tried to put xp on this laptop, but xp could not find my hard drive. grrr
Old 08-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
the google toolbar just lets you search your computer as well as the internet, and gives you a search window when you press the ctrl key twice. I have never had it cause a problem before. i blame vista. it's is evil. It is junk. i tried to put xp on this laptop, but xp could not find my hard drive. grrr
Why do you blame Vista? I am running it, with Firefox 3 and haven't had any problems anywhere. Is there a specific problem (besides this one) that you are having? Actually, the first thing I did besides get rid of IE was getting rid of the google toolbar......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Actually, that sounds like Google Desktop not Google Toolbar. The google tool bar adds a toolbar to your browser. It has suff like auto form file, pop-up blocker, page rankings, and other stuff... it may also have a cookie blocker too.

You should upgrade to Firefox 3 if you get the chance, it is much better than 2... uses alot less memory and is faster too.

BOb
Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
It's most likely cookie related, as cookies are used to store user sessions on your computer to prevent you from having to enter your login credentials every time.

What you could do is run Firefox with a new temporary profile (to make sure no extensions or blockers are enabled), and see if the problem persists. See here on how to create another profile:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing+profiles
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:54 AM   #12
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Don't blame Vista. I've been using it for 1,5 years and I just love it. Wouldn't go back to XP.

Do you have any mantainance software? Things like CCleaner and other tools that clean up your PC? Usually they clean up your cookies too.

Try IE7, to see if it's a Firefox issue or not.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote