Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

Device: none
Velcro for the Kindle.

I like the holder that came with my Kindle but the little catch that keeps it from sliding out of the grips didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. So I put a strip of Velcro between the back and the rightmost edge. Anyone else do this?
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yep. You are not alone.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I love stick-on Velcro. It's the duct tape of the 21st century. Well, that and duct tape. I love duct tape. BTW, you guys need to read Hal Spacejock. I'm almost finished, and it is hilarious. His wisecracking robot sidekick patched up Hal's radiation suit with duct tape.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ok, any book that patches a radiation suit with duct tape must go on my reading list.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You'll love it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
I like the holder that came with my Kindle but the little catch that keeps it from sliding out of the grips didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. So I put a strip of Velcro between the back and the rightmost edge. Anyone else do this?
Pretty near everyone does it eventually.

I resisted for a while, but when I made my new Kindle cover, it became an absoute necessity.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
I used my hemostat to grab the little tab and reposition it, gluing it firmly into position with "super glue" (cyanoacrylic glue). My Kindle is quite firmly held in place and I can even hold the cover by the folded edge and the Kindle doesn't try to fall out.

If I were going to get an alternate cover, I might choose to use velcro, but I really don't need it with the standard cover.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Oh, sure, bakerjw, it was one of the first things I did after getting the Kindle six months ago.

I agree, dixiegal, that duct tape rules. There is the question about what you would pick if you were allowed to have only two tools.

The answer is duct tape and WD-40. The reason: if it moves and it is not supposed to, use the duct tape. If it does not move and it is supposed to, use the WD-40.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Amen, brother!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Oh, sure, bakerjw, it was one of the first things I did after getting the Kindle six months ago.

I agree, dixiegal, that duct tape rules. There is the question about what you would pick if you were allowed to have only two tools.

The answer is duct tape and WD-40. The reason: if it moves and it is not supposed to, use the duct tape. If it does not move and it is supposed to, use the WD-40.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #10
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I love stick-on Velcro. It's the duct tape of the 21st century. Well, that and duct tape. I love duct tape. BTW, you guys need to read Hal Spacejock. I'm almost finished, and it is hilarious. His wisecracking robot sidekick patched up Hal's radiation suit with duct tape.
I can't seem to bring Hal Spacejock up on Fictionwise???

Update Found it elsewhere and downloaded it. Now to read...

Last edited by cush; 07-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The author of the Spacejock series has also created some excellent free software for writers.

Spacejock Software
carld is offline   Reply With Quote