Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
MobiBook Reader 6.0 / Kindle Serial Number

I'm trying to get some DRM'd mobipocket books using my Kindle PID. I'm having some trouble, unfortunately.

First off... which numbers in the "serial" area do I use with Igor's tools? There's a long string of numbers and letters with spaces, and there is also a hex ESN. Neither seem to be providing me with the proper PID, so I'm not sure what to do here.

Also, I think I remember reading Mobipocket Reader 6.0 was available for download still, somewhere. Unfortunately, that's not a term you can really search for around here... anyone have a link? Thanks!!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
See this thread... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24285

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Okay, I'm a putz. Got the serial thing worked out.

So just the Mobilereader thing, then.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Gideon
Wearer of Pants

Ha.. beat me to it, thanks!!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
mbrown3
mbrown3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
So, HOW did you get the serial number thing worked out? I'm having the same issue, and no matter what combination of letters/numbers I use from my serial #, it won't accept it.
mbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 03:10 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This thread is two and a half years old. Things have changed...
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:36 AM   #7
mbrown3
mbrown3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This thread is two and a half years old. Things have changed...
Wow...that's helpful.

Can anyone offer any actual insight as to how to get the PID on a Kindle 3 (if possible yet). I know there's been a lot of trouble reported with the K3, but just wondering if any progress has been made.
mbrown3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:09 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
For the most part, a PID is no longer needed (depending on what you want to use it for). What are you trying to do? You can PM me if you like.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3 View Post
Can anyone offer any actual insight as to how to get the PID on a Kindle 3
The PID from a K3 isn't very useful, but it is now possible to strip DRM by starting with the serial number, see Is it easy to remove DRM protection? Since you probably don't want to read the 2000+ posts to the original Dark Reverser's new blog thread, the best source for DRM issues is Apprentice Alf's Blog.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote