Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #31
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
pirl8: I still have hope that they will deliver with an earlier version. Keeping my fingers crossed, I expect delivery on Nov. 22nd... (happy Thanksgiving for me, even though it's not a celebrated day over here)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #32
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab
Updating 5.20>5.30 from this thread successfully. Thanks!!!

Collections Manager not work - stands on the screen www.ixtab.tk...
(Kindlet JailBreak - 20121029).
Have you tried re-installing the Kindlet Jailbreak and developer certificates?
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #33
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Have you tried re-installing the Kindlet Jailbreak and developer certificates?
Yep...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Spreading the word

I did a little bit of spreading the word yesterday:
http://ilmk.wordpress.com/2012/11/08...erwhite-5-3-0/

Although that blogger reads like an employee of Amazon marketing, he did let my comments in past moderation.

Also, I have no reason to show any support for a locked consumer device on my own site:
http://minimodding.com/article18

Hmm....
Visitors can't read the comments (again), will have to go stir up the permissions system with a big stick (again).

Last edited by knc1; 11-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #35
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
ixtab
Updating 5.20>5.30 from this thread successfully. Thanks!!!

Collections Manager not work - stands on the screen www.ixtab.tk...
(Kindlet JailBreak - 20121029).
Please check the log file in /mnt/us/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log (or similar).

If these bastards decided to AGAIN obfuscate their classes differently with the new Firmware version, I will seriously consider NOT to develop anything for the Paperwhite. This is getting ridiculous, Amazon.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #36
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay! Finished working/sandbox-testing, now I'm gonna need a real live guinea pig ;D.

You'll need to:

* Be on 5.2.0
* Be JailBroken
* Not be terribly upset if it fails and you end up on 5.3.0 without a JailBreak .

What to do:

* FIRST, Install the update package attached here.
* Then, install the official 5.3.0 update.

If all is well, you should still have the bare minimum after the update (ie. the jailbreak key).

(So far, I only tested this on 5.1.2 & 5.2.0. Another pair of eyes (eureka ) confirmed that it *should* work on 5.3.0, and turning my brain to mush looking at IDA made me pretty sure that the update process wouldn't kill it, so I'm pretty confident it works ).

EDIT: The file (update_jailbreak_bridge_1.7.N_install.bin) has moved to the full 1.7.N release of the JailBreak .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-09-2012 at 01:08 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #37
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
ixtab
/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[09/11/2012 17:08] Collections Manager (v. 2.0.0)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.kindle.content.catalog.b: method GXA(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/amazon/kindle/content/catalog/g; not found
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.PredicateFactoryAdapter520.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.PredicateFactory.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.sync.LegacyImporter.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.actions.LegacyImporterAction.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.addMenu(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.CollectionManager520.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.AdapterConfiguration520.getCollectionManager(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.initUiAfterSplash(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #38
Vegastar
Vegastar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay! Finished working/sandbox-testing, now I'm gonna need a real live guinea pig ;D.

You'll need to:

* Be on 5.2.0
* Be JailBroken
* Not be terribly upset if it fails and you end up on 5.3.0 without a JailBreak .

What to do:

* FIRST, Install the update package attached here.
* Then, install the official 5.3.0 update.

If all is well, you should still have the bare minimum after the update (ie. the jailbreak key).

(So far, I only tested this on 5.1.2 & 5.2.0. Another pair of eyes (eureka ) confirmed that it *should* work on 5.3.0, and turning my brain to mush looking at IDA made me pretty sure that the update process wouldn't kill it, so I'm pretty confident it works ).
Been lurking around here for a bit. I'm only using he paperwhite jailbreak for custom screensavers anyway, so I'll be your guinea pig. Will edit in a few moments with results.

EDIT: NiLuJe, you're a friggin' saint. It's booting after the update, I got the **JAILBREAK** along the bottom of the tree. I think you pulled it off!

Settings says I'm on 5.30. I'm not sure how much more confirmation I can give you from here, but it appears to have worked fine.

Last edited by Vegastar; 11-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #39
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Vegastar: w00t!

Thanks for testing this .

A simple test would be to try to reinstall the screensavers hack, but if you saw the jailbreak message, all should be well .
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #40
Vegastar

Quote:
@Vegastar: w00t!

Thanks for testing this .

A simple test would be to try to reinstall the screensavers hack, but if you saw the jailbreak message, all should be well .
Just installed USBnet fine, so it's golden. I wasn't sure if linkss would play nice with this huge update, no sense in taking too many risks off the bat. If it'll play nicely, I'll throw that on too.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #41
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Vegastar: It should be somewhat tamer than USBNet, so I don't think it's likely to cause trouble .

In the event that it does, it starts after USBNet, so you should be able to fix it with usbnet in auto mode. (That said, the timing of the boot process hasn't changed in 5.3.0, and the screensavers stuff is pretty simple at its core, so, again, I'm pretty sure it should work ).
Old 11-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #42
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
ixtab
/developer/Collections Manager/work/crash.log:

Code:
[09/11/2012 17:08] Collections Manager (v. 2.0.0)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.amazon.kindle.content.catalog.b: method GXA(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lcom/amazon/kindle/content/catalog/g; not found
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.PredicateFactoryAdapter520.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.PredicateFactory.equals(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.sync.LegacyImporter.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.runStaticInitializers(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.actions.LegacyImporterAction.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.addMenu(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManager.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.CollectionManager520.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.adapters.fw520.AdapterConfiguration520.getCollectionManager(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.initUiAfterSplash(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet.access$300(Unknown Source)
	at com.mobileread.ixtab.collman.CollectionManagerKindlet$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)

Absolutely f*cking fantastic. Great job, Amazon. These idiots have really re-obfuscated the entire framework, so that all method (and possibly class) names have changed AGAIN.

Sorry for the rude language, but I'm totally pissed off.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #43
Vegastar

Quote:
@Vegastar: It should be somewhat tamer than USBNet, so I don't think it's likely to cause trouble .

In the event that it does, it starts after USBNet, so you should be able to fix it with usbnet in auto mode. (That said, the timing of the boot process hasn't changed in 5.3.0, and the screensavers stuff is pretty simple at its core, so, again, I'm pretty sure it should work ).
It appears to have worked fine as well. I guess I was just being overly paranoid :P Oddly enough, it even still saved all my old screensavers in the directory after reinstalling the hack. Cool!

Nice work, guys!
Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Vegastar: Yeah, fortunately enough, the update lets you keep your books . (And the SS hack installer always tries to preserve user content during an install ).
Old 11-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #45
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
(Deleted obsolete post caused by browser cache edit box problems. See next post.)

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-09-2012 at 01:13 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote