Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Downloading ebooks from Kindle to Calibre

I have been doing this for ages without a problem but have one now I can't understand. I Selected 'Add Books' (using Calibre 0.8.14 with Windows XP) and chose three books from the Kindle Documents folder. Two were sent by Amazon as Amazon books and the third was an ebook I had Amazon convert to .azw for me. The latter converted book loaded into Calibre no problem. The other two loaded into Calibre but had no file extension with them.

I have attached a copy of the error messages and a copy of the Documents folder on the Kindle showing that both books had .azw extensions. I had also downloaded them from Kindle on two separate occasions.

Any ideas on this? As I said I do this download Kindle to Calibre almost everyday without problems. Is it possible it could be my cranky old work PC running XP?

mitch13
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon Order Search #1001.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	75711  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre Error Message.txt (1.7 KB, 222 views)
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
thats a filesystem error, try copying the files off the kindle first using windows explorer and then adding them to calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
mitch13
Groupie

Thanks Kovid,
Tried that and obviously something wrong with both these books downloaded from Amazon. Both come up on copy with explorer :

Cannot copy (filename) The Parameter is incorrect

I guess I will go to Amazon!

Cheers

John M
Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Try deleting the books and re-downloading from Amazon.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
mitch13
Groupie

Books from Kindle to Calibre

Tried copying books from Kindle via Windows Explorer to my PC but came up with error attached.

I have also tried deleting them and reloading from Amazon - same result.

This example here is with a different two books from Amazon. The last two I gave up on and had them credited by Amazon.

Any other ideas. Do you think Amazon has chnaged something??

mitch13
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy from Kindle to Explorer001.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	75846  
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 07:26 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try renaming the files and then copying them. There may be some funny character in the filename.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
mitch13
Groupie

Thanks Guys,

Finally discovered it was a faulty USB port!!

mitch13