Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-20-2022, 02:41 PM   #136
bubbas45
bubbas45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle 2, Galaxy S3
Metropolitan Library (OK) seems to be restricted to in-person applications, but I don't see that noted on tubemonkey's very useful lists. Or am I missing something?

https://www.metrolibrary.org/about-us/accounts
Live outside our service area? You can obtain an annual fee account for $70 per year which is less than the average taxpayer in our service area pays in property taxes that go to the Metropolitan Library System each year. Even better, each member of your household can use the account. Using our*library value calculator, you can quickly see just what a bargain $70 is for your entire household.

Please visit one of our*locations*if you would like to apply for an Annual Fee Account.
bubbas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 09:33 PM   #137
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbas45 View Post
Metropolitan Library (OK) seems to be restricted to in-person applications, but I don't see that noted on tubemonkey's very useful lists. Or am I missing something?

https://www.metrolibrary.org/about-us/accounts
Live outside our service area? You can obtain an annual fee account for $70 per year which is less than the average taxpayer in our service area pays in property taxes that go to the Metropolitan Library System each year. Even better, each member of your household can use the account. Using our*library value calculator, you can quickly see just what a bargain $70 is for your entire household.

Please visit one of our*locations*if you would like to apply for an Annual Fee Account.
I think some libraries changed their terms. They may have had a large influx of new subs when Brooklyn closed down their branch and these started being spread/advertised here and other places like Reddit. This one used to have a way to get one, as when I was researching it was one of my top choices at first. I just hope more libraries don't keep going this route.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2022, 11:07 AM   #138
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbas45 View Post

When I inquired, I received this response:

Quote:
Yes, you can email us at askalibrarian@metrolibrary.org with your name, date of birth, phone number, and address. With that information, we'll be able to create the account and get you set up to pay the $70 annual fee online.
The process was quick and easy.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 03:39 PM   #139
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Nice to know!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 04:26 PM   #140
bubbas45
bubbas45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle 2, Galaxy S3
Fbone, thanks! They responded _very_ quickly.

Also, Stark Library in Ohio did not have a procedure online, but they responded to email as follows:
Hello,
A Stark Library online account is available to non-Ohio residents for a $30 annual fee. To apply, send the following information to ecard@starklibrary.org:

Full name (including middle name)
Physical address
Telephone number
Birth date
Email address

You will receive a barcode via email from the library with instructions on paying the $30 fee. Thank you for your interest in Stark Library.
bubbas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2023, 05:28 PM   #141
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My Brooklyn library card was cancelled March 31st. The friendship was good while it lasted. <sob>

Now, I'm in a new satisfying relationship with Metropolitan.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:47 AM   #142
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
My Brooklyn library card was cancelled March 31st. The friendship was good while it lasted. <sob>

I need to remember this for May!

I'll be sad to lose Brooklyn.

Last edited by copyrite; 04-04-2023 at 04:28 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 05:04 AM   #143
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:

Agree in both aspects.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:13 PM   #144
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Quote:
This is the best deal in the U.S. as far as I'm concerned. The waiting lists are much shorter than the Free Library of Philadelphia, the Hennepin Library of Minnesota and the NYPL. When you recommend a book to the Metropolitan Library, they are more likely to order it within a few months than any other ebook library we've used. Even though Loren Estleman is a writer who is not well known or overly popular these days, the librarians at ML are a lot smarter than the public, and I'm grateful for that.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 10:27 AM   #145
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, forget waiting for my Brooklyn expiration in May. I decided to sign up now. They were really quick to reply to my email, and also reply back when I sent them the information.

The reply I received indicated

Quote:
In the future, we are probably only going to offer annual fee cards to Oklahoma residents – but we’ll continue to honor any existing card belonging to out-of-state residents.
So hopefully they won't go the way of Brooklyn and get rid of the "outsiders".
Old 04-05-2023, 11:08 AM   #146
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
OK, forget waiting for my Brooklyn expiration in May. I decided to sign up now. They were really quick to reply to my email, and also reply back when I sent them the information.

The reply I received indicated

Quote:
In the future, we are probably only going to offer annual fee cards to Oklahoma residents – but we’ll continue to honor any existing card belonging to out-of-state residents.
So hopefully they won't go the way of Brooklyn and get rid of the "outsiders".
But they accepted your new application and gave you a card? I was just thinking about joining, as my Charlotte-Mecklenburg card is about to expire.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:21 AM   #147
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
But they accepted your new application and gave you a card? I was just thinking about joining, as my Charlotte-Mecklenburg card is about to expire.
Yes, very easy process!
Old 04-05-2023, 11:47 AM   #148
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Yes, very easy process!
Thanks, I'm off to join. They have quite a few audiobooks that my other libraries don't have--lots of upcoming titles that mine haven't ordered yet.
Old 04-06-2023, 11:05 AM   #149
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Darn! I forgot that my son lives in Brooklyn. It wouldn't even be cheating, I'm the guarantor on his apartment, so my name's on the lease! Now I just need his help in signing up (looks like they actually use location when you request an account).
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 12:53 PM   #150
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Darn! I forgot that my son lives in Brooklyn. It wouldn't even be cheating, I'm the guarantor on his apartment, so my name's on the lease! Now I just need his help in signing up (looks like they actually use location when you request an account).
Unless there has been a recent change, BPL requires in-person activation of a library card, photo ID, and proof of address (like a utility bill).