Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2022, 07:16 PM   #16
muggleMode
Enthusiast
muggleMode began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Unless someone figure out why the GUI fails to restart, no, as I'm not going to update to an affected FW (>= 5.15.x).

The latest MRPI version tried something different, and I've heard mixed results at best.

MRPI doesn't kill USBNet, so it's fairly easy to follow along. The hard part is figuring out what's getting its panties in a bunch, and why (also, having an idea of what it should look like when working would help, too).
well, thank you very much for answering, I'm going to turn on airplane mode and wait for some good news in the next few months, I saw that some people are already waiting patiently with the new kindle basic firmware version (5.15.1)
at least it didn't kill my device, freaked me out when the screen went blank lol
muggleMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 01:41 AM   #17
pmarcus
pmarcus doesn't litterpmarcus doesn't litter

Device: PW4, PW3, PW2
Update to 5.15.1 after jailbreak works PW4/PW5

Just to confirm update to 5.15.1 does work and can preserve the jailbreak.

I purchased a kindle paperwhite kids edition that came with 5.14.2. Installed the jailbreak and KUAL along with renameotabinaries.

I then put the 5.15.1 binary onto the root of the kindle drive.

Next I went into KUAL and DISABLED renameotabinaries which caused a reboot and an immediate update to 5.15.1.

Next I copied the update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.16 to the root of the kindle then did a manual update from settings. The kindle installed the update and rebooted.

Then I added update_kualbooklet install to the mrpackages folder and executed ;log mrpi in the search bar. This reinstalled KUAL.

I then redid the renameotabinaries.

Everything seems to work as expected.

I also did this exact same process on a PW4 as a test before doing my PW5.
pmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert