Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 02:18 AM   #1741
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny_Dreadful View Post
I have a small (I hope) feature request
Hi Penny,

Yes I think the request make sense - I didn't add the ability to download page counts to this plugin and it seems a hole was left for this scenario. I will change it so it goes ahead and does the page count download but still gives the warning dialog about books it could not get a word count for.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 02:23 AM   #1742
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Thanks Kiwidude, you're the best! That will make my workflow a lot easier!
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 12:57 AM   #1743
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Count Pages v1.13.5 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._pages-v1.13.5
Old 02-19-2024, 08:59 PM   #1744
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
Oh Thank you! Works perfectly, you've made my day
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:39 PM   #1745
drawson1
Connoisseur
drawson1 began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20, Clara 2E
Fast!!!

Just added this plugin to my long-running copy of Calibre - SUPER impressed with the speed / ease of use!!

Thanks!

Dan
drawson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:50 PM   #1746
Simeva
Simeva began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Bug report - Count Pages 1.13.5

- Select some entries, including pdf files
- Do 'Count Pages'
- View list of jobs running (button at bottom right of main Calibre screen)
- Select the 'Count Page/Word Statistics' job
- Do 'Stop Selected Jobs'

The job is terminated, but the process pdftohtml.exe is left running, using very high system resources.

Calibre portable 7.7
Simeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 03:36 PM   #1747
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeva View Post
The job is terminated, but the process pdftohtml.exe is left running, using very high system resources.
I too have been noticing lately pdftohtml.exe, as you describe, left running after other tasks like conversions. Then I need to terminate the process manually. Would need to investigate further to tell what circumstances trigger this.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:51 PM   #1748
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Considering a similar issue I had with the Calibre 6 beta, I wonder if it might be a bug in pdftohtml itself.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM   #1749
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeva View Post
-
I think it has always worked that way. The plugin doesn't kill the conversion process. Not a new bug. Easy to avoid generally, and easy to clean up afterwards. Would be nice to fix though.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:10 PM   #1750
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I think it has always worked that way. The plugin doesn't kill the conversion process. Not a new bug. Easy to avoid generally, and easy to clean up afterwards. Would be nice to fix though.
pdftohtml is a calibre function called by this plugin. If someone wants to contribute a patch for either to ensure the .exe is terminated in this circumstance they are welcome to do so - it is beyond my skillset or interest in learning to support this in a way for multiple OS platforms. I avoid PDF where possible and don't care about count pages on those that I have so it isn't something I ever see myself.
Old 04-07-2024, 01:20 AM   #1751
kiwidude

Count Pages v1.13.6 released

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr..._pages-v1.13.6

Now using podofo rather than pdfinfo to retrieve page count from pdfs like change made for Extract ISBN lpugin.

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin