Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage
Kobo Glo light stopped working

Help!

Anything I can try?

Tried reset, power off/power on, the light icon comes on and off but the light isn't working.

I can of course return it for a replacement, but I wondered if anyone knows a solution, if it's fixable.
spersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
spersephone
Zealot
spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spersephone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's back (for now?). It seemed to need me to adjust on screen before it recognised it was on?

I'm a bit wary that it will happen again.
Advert
Old 11-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It is a known bug. If you set the brightness the minimum, it doesn't turn on again. Adjusting the brightness turns it on. There is also a problem with it remembering the brightness level.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-15-2013 at 09:08 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
spersephone
Zealot

Thanks. I do leave it on 1% and it's never played up before. But now I know what to try. Hopefully that's all it will ever be!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I should have said it is a new bug. It started with either 2.10.0 or 3.0.0. Kobo know about it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2014, 12:40 AM   #6
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I've had my glo for a few months now and I keep it at 1%, but it just tonight started doing the same this as the op...

I'm on 3.1.1....anyone know what's going on? Is this still supposed to be a bug?

Ty
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #7
spersephone
Zealot

Try changing the percentage, and the light will probably come back on. It happened to me too.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #8
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea thanks...that was working but it's a pain....

just wondering what's the deal and when it'll be fixed. Hasn't done it all this time, why now - ya know? Lol
Old 02-15-2014, 02:30 AM   #9
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Turns out that LED lights when lowest desired setting is below a critical point needs a little higher setting to start illumination. Maybe a lower light output LED is needed or a different pulse frequency. People want bright front light to help increase whiteness and contrast of screen with bright ambient light. Those same people also might want really dim front light when reading in otherwise total darkness to reduce eye strain.

It is fairly common knowledge that motion picture sound film speed is 24 Frames per Second to reduce flicker. Truth is when motion picture film is projected at 24 images per second human eye will see flicker. Film projectors use butterfly shutter to show each frame twice to have 48 images per second and a few projectors show each frame 3 times for 72 images per second. This knowledge might enable dimmer front light setting without flicker.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
gabby98
Wizard

Interesting info...Ty
Old 02-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #11
chromedome
Enthusiast
chromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of itchromedome has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Voyage, PW2, Kobo Glo (KK, Sony PRS600)
Smile 2% seems to be enough to keep mine on.

Hi,

My Glo won't remember 1% but will stay at 2% between reading sessions. I don't turn the Glo fully off between reads and I'm using a sleep cover.

- Sometimes I don't know if shutting the cover has actually turned off the light so I open it just a bit to see and the light comes on -Or was it always on

Greg
chromedome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #12
gabby98
Wizard

Yea, I know...mine is weird too. after my post and reading the responses, I used 3% to get the light to turn on, but read for a few hours at 1%....so far from that point on, it will remember the 1% and turn on without any issue. Maybe the light just needs a little umph every now and then to 'charge' it up lol